Music File

Phalon4

Hey I have a question about my Poweramp music file, I currently have 217 songs in the app but neither of them are in my device's music file. Can anyone tell me where to locate them because I am afraid to do a rescan in fear of losing them all. 

Thank in advance for any advice. 

A rescan simply finds media on your device, it does not delte or remove anything. I assume you allow Poweramp to search everywhere, have a look at settings,  folders and library, music folders. You should only select folders where you want Poweramp to scan. 

If you do not know where your music is saved, use a file explorer such as Esexplorer to search for a track. It will find it and tell you where it is.

Be aware that if you do not limit the selected music folders, Poweramp will even find tracks in trash folders created by others apps

Are you saying that all of the songs of your device appear in Poweramp's Library and you can play them from there, but you don't see them in the default Android music app? If so, you might have a .nomedia file tucked away in your Music folder, which would block Android from looking for any media files there (Poweramp ignores that control file, it has its own Music Folders system for setting up scanable locations).

Andre

Menu > Info/Tags on any song in Poweramp will show you where the file is located.

If you want to remove them from Poweramp's scans, use Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders and make sure that ONLY the folders where your valid music files are stored are ticked. I usually untick everything and then re-tick the folders I want. Then you might want to do a Full Rescan to confirm. 

Andre

Archived