M3U Playlist Bug

I have an Android head unit in my car and i'm very happy with using Poweramp as my main music player application, but i have a problem with playing m3u Playlist files.

My musics are stored in Usb memory like this :  "/Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3" ,    "/Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Creep.mp3"  , "/Dean Martin/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3"

Then I have M3U playlist files at the root of Usb memory and one of them has an entity exactly like this : "/Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3".

Problem is when  i play this m3u file with Poweramp it plays "/Dean Martin/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3" not  "/Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3".

How can i fix this ?

Thanks.

And are the paths listed in the .M3U file exactly the same (relative to the USB root location) as the files themselves?

If the .M3U file is also stored in the root of the USB (same placed as the folders) then the leading "/" is not strictly necessary and might be backing up a level in the Android file system, causing PA to try to guess the locations. Worth trying without the leading "/".

Andre

On 05.02.2018 at 9:23 PM, andrewilley said:

And are the paths listed in the .M3U file exactly the same (relative to the USB root location) as the files themselves?

If the .M3U file is also stored in the root of the USB (same placed as the folders) then the leading "/" is not strictly necessary and might be backing up a level in the Android file system, causing PA to try to guess the locations. Worth trying without the leading "/".

Andre

ı just tried your suggestion but nothing changed. 

Can you please try the same thing on your device? M3U file contains different songs with same name but in different directories.

Where are your song files located, and also where is the playlist file? And then could you post the exact contents of the playlist file (try editing it down to just two lines, to see that simplified version still causes the same problem). I've not seen this problem with my playlists, but I don't think I have any identically named folders.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Exact m3u file contents (At root of USB) : =>

Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Creep.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All of Me (feat. Kish Victoria).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Careless Whisper.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Dancing In The Dark.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/It Wasn't Me.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Oops!...I Did It Again (feat. Haley Reinhart).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Thrift Shop.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Umbrella (ft. Casey Abrams & The Sole Sisters).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Lovefool.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Just Dance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/I Kissed a Girl.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (feat. Robyn Adele Anderson & Drue Davis).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Gangsta's Paradise.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Focus (Feat. Lavance Colley).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Dream On (Feat. Morgan James).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Die Young.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Come & Get It.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Burn.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/09 - Call Me Maybe.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/11 - Bad Romance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/13 - Just Dance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/15 - Sweet Child O' Mine.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All About That Bass (2015 European Cast).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All About That Bass (feat. Kate Davis).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All Star.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Are You Gonna Be My Girl.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Bad Romance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Barbie Girl (feat. Morgan James).mp3

In Usb, i have 2 files in exactly like this =>  Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3   and     Dean Martin\Unknown Album\Blue Christmas.mp3

When i play this playlist, the first song Poweramp plays is => Dean Martin\Unknown Album\Blue Christmas.mp3.

But it should play this => Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3 

When that first song is (supposedly) playing, what do you see if you go back to the Playlist view in PA - does it show the 'first' file in that list as playing, or something else? And if you tap the first song in the playlist view, what actually plays? (And are you sure the tags aren't set the same in both files... Menu>Info/Tags should tell you)

Andre

On 07/04/2018 at 5:18 PM, traxformania said:

Exact m3u file contents (At root of USB) : =>

Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Creep.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All of Me (feat. Kish Victoria).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Careless Whisper.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Dancing In The Dark.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/It Wasn't Me.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Oops!...I Did It Again (feat. Haley Reinhart).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Thrift Shop.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Umbrella (ft. Casey Abrams & The Sole Sisters).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Lovefool.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Just Dance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/I Kissed a Girl.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (feat. Robyn Adele Anderson & Drue Davis).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Gangsta's Paradise.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Focus (Feat. Lavance Colley).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Dream On (Feat. Morgan James).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Die Young.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Come & Get It.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Burn.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/09 - Call Me Maybe.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/11 - Bad Romance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/13 - Just Dance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/15 - Sweet Child O' Mine.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All About That Bass (2015 European Cast).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All About That Bass (feat. Kate Davis).mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/All Star.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Are You Gonna Be My Girl.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Bad Romance.mp3
Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Barbie Girl (feat. Morgan James).mp3

In Usb, i have 2 files in exactly like this =>  Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3   and     Dean Martin\Unknown Album\Blue Christmas.mp3

When i play this playlist, the first song Poweramp plays is => Dean Martin\Unknown Album\Blue Christmas.mp3.

But it should play this => Post Modern JukeBox/Unknown Album/Blue Christmas.mp3 

In your last paragraph you show both windows and unix (android) file path formats. Unix has the backward slash whereas windows uses the forward slash. This may be the cause of your issue. I suspect that given the songs are named the same, one fails and pa finds the other one.

Archived