Alpha 703 Enqueue Issues

w3wilkes

Unlike some people I use Enqueue almost exclusively. I like to queue up a few albums for road trips, mowing the lawn, a workout or other chores where I don't want to be bothered with anything other than listening to a long set of albums. I'm finding that in the Alpha 703 release that Enqueue doesn't work a lot of the time. I may queue up 3 albums, plug in my headset, hit play and it will start playing a song in the middle of the 2nd album. I don't have shuffle turned on, I don't have resume on headset, I don't have resume on Bluetooth. Some times I'll queue up an album, hit play and nothing happens, sometimes it will play the last song of the prior queue before I cleared it and then not play what I queued. I tried clearing all data, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, these fix it for a while and then it starts doing the same thing over again! This whole Enqueue, Play thing needs to be merged to a single method of playing music.

Something like Play (this will kill the current list and play selected item), Add to Now Playing list (this will add the selection to the end of the currently playing list), Play next (this will play the item after the currently playing song). Should be able to access the queued list and swipe songs out of the list.

This whole enqueue, play deal needs to be consolidated to a single set of play methods.

You should be able to access the queue (Library>Queue) and then clear it (Menu>Clear Q).

You can also control how soon the queue starts in Settings>Library and Playlist>Queue.

Not sure about the starting playing in the middle though, the queue is really designed as a temporary departure from the normal playback modes, not an long-term playback mode in itself.

Andre

Thanks Andrew, I was already aware of these settings though. Interesting that the queue would be considered to be outside normal playback mode! Without using the queue how would you suggest that a one time set of multiple albums be played? Or am I the only person that drives long distances and wouldn't want to have to stop to select the next album to be played as each album ends? Or would you recommend fiddling with the phone as I'm driving to scroll through albums and select the next album.

By your own statement of it being a "one time set", that would imply that you want to depart from the usual playback and play a one-off set of tracks. Personally I think I'd create a one--use Playlist for that purpose, but the Queue is also handy for such one-off tasks. I would love for Playlists to be able to include wildcards, so could could include a folder name in a Playlist and anything in that folder would get played without having to be fully itemised (easier to move albums around that way) but that is not supported.

Andre

Archived