Licenc controll without web

lob01

Hi, I bought 5 full licenced Poweramp versions but I have the problem, that the tablets I use with Poweramp are not connected to the web. Sometimes I get a licence problem and I must reconect to the appstore to relicence the app. How can I get full licenced versions without a web controll? The price is not the problem. I´m able to pay more money for a running system without this breaks for the licence controll. Maby you can help?

Regards from Germany,

Stefan

• 1 month later...

I cannot validate my licence as I do not want my email associated with Google. The licence I have paid is now basically theft for a service I can't use due to these restrictions.

There is surely a way for people that don't want Google all over their phone/tablet to verify their device? I paid for this on the web and downloaded on the web. You are essentially forcing registration with Google though which was the whole point OF NOT USING THE PLAY STORE. I don't want Google monitoring my emails and joining up various accounts all over the internet as they always do whether people want it or not.

Should I just force refund via Paypal?

Android is basically Google-based system, however if you really want to remove as much trace as possible (and I too do not use gmail at all) and you have a website-purchased account then it can be verified using a few non-Google email services, see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323571-unlocker-without-google-account for supported services.

The point of being able to buy outside of Google Play is to support users in markets where you can't easily buy from Google Play, not really so much for completely Google-averse users. :) 

Andre

I assume these are all POP3/IMAP that a. require your device tethered to an email address that is then shared with Google or b. require you to share your details with Google by signing up with the store to download the app to use them?

It seems like there is not really an option here other than to send all your details to Google for them to mine (one way or another) so I have requested a refund.

The idea of verification is prevent people that haven't paid for the product being able to use it. Instead, you are sabotaging the ability for legitimate paid users to be able to use it. I actually sought out a web downloadable app to install and didn't think the point of this would be negated by forcing people to register their phone with Google regardless.

No, there is no need to send anything to Google if you purchase via the website. Please read the FAQ I quoted.

Although if you are so completely anti-Google, I would suggest that using a Google-designed operating system phone is probably a bad move in the first place... A bit like using a Windows computer and then complaining that Microsoft are involved.

Andre

I checked the list and there is nothing I can do that doesn't involve installing other third party applications from Google that I don't want. I don't have an HTC. I don't have a Yahoo email etc. I do NOT wish to register with Google Play or Google store. I do not wish to register with Yahoo.

Why is this so difficult to fathom? Not everyone wants to spend their time registering for numerous third party products or pass over their information to Google to use a jukebox app that costs £3.80. I'm not even sure why the app has to access a mail account. I can access email via my phone via the web but that is obviously not good enough.

Please refund the money. In future, make it clear that you require buyers to hand over their private information to third parties with separate privacy policies at the time of purchase as a condition of purchase. It is misleading just now.

Unfortunately if you want to run a Google OS phone without allowing any access whatsoever to anything Google (a bit of a contradiction there), nor use the other options available to you to work via a third-party email address on your phone, then you are going to run into issues sooner or later. The licence has to be validated somehow, and you have taken the unusual decision to block all of the ways that the app is able to do that.

Please feel free to email poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com and ask for a refund anyway. (I assume you don't mind sending emails to someone else with a gmail address, as that does give away your email address)

Andre

I paid through Paypal and have asked for a refund that way.

There is no contradiction since I do not need to register for Google services to use an Android phone.The phone is used primarily for calls. I previously had a Sony that is bundled with its own player (which was very good unlike the flimsy phone). The player was only for occasional use with my house stereo. I have no need for most apps and deleted all the dross that came with my phone. I can access email via the internet on it without an app so what would be the point of installing something else?

It's much the same as something like What's App, which authenticates itself via a text message. If you have disabled text messaging on your device (which as you say, you are perfectly at liberty to do) then you won't be able to use What's App. There are other apps that work the same way. Heck, you can even disable internet access completely if you want, and then a lot of things won't work.

Anyway, as I said, please email the support account to get a refund if you are not happy, as individual user account details obviously should not be discussed in the public forums.

Andre

Archived