All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Same idea. If the engine can access the data quickly without a huge index to comb through, it will speed up your access.
  3. @andrewilley Exactly what I mean. I don't want multiple passes, just one. The thing I want is just UI abstraction, nothing that actually changes the EQ pipeline.
  4. @maxmp In the equaliser app, when applying a skin, the styles are applied only to the first screen. Knobs on the second screen do not appear to be exposed in the resources published. Is this assumption correct and if so can these be included with the next release of the resources? All I found was <item type="id" name="dsp_compressor_enabled"/><!-- boolean --> <item type="id" name="dsp_compressor_switch_enabled"/><!-- boolean --> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_attack"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_release"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_knee"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_ratio"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_expand_ratio"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_thr"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_noise_gate_thr"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_pre_gain"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_post_gain"/> <item type="id" name="dsp_commpressor_freq"/>
  5. I installed PEQ 983 in my android 12 car device,but it has a strange promble for me. If i change volume with PEQ volume knob, it is always back to 50% after press system volume key or play the next song . I try to turn on/off DVC,but it doesn't help to fix this. I have the same problem with Poweramp until upgrade to v981. I don't use them together by turn on music FX. I only use PEQ with kkbox/youtube/radio. How can i fix it?
  6. There is a doc, yes. Basically it all comes down to how well tagged your music is with Album Title, Track Artist, and especially Album Artist embedded tags within each audio file. Andre
  7. Hello I like using the view "Album artist" to filter all album by artists, but I don't understand how the automatic filtering is done. Sometimes the album and artists are correclty filterd (with the good covert album) sometimes an album appears in "Unknow artists", I really dont understand why. How the artist is recognized in an album folder Is there any doc ? Thank you
  8. Ok I understand that having the files sorted in sub-folders in some way would make them easier to find for you or me. But what about the software? That presumes it knows to look for things in certain places, which as you say varies with the user. For example you or I would know to look for Elvis files in the Elvis folder, or classical tunes in the Classical folder, but how does Poweramp know that? Seems like if you had 20k files it would be easier to find one in a single folder rather than the same 20k files scattered about in 137 different sub-folders. UNLESS the software knows how those sub-folders are structured, like you or I would. But the real purpose of my question is how important is this and is it worth changing? Right now I have about 8k audio files, a mix of music and audiobooks. And about 300 playlists. So it would take a lot of work to reorganize them and then would have to change all the paths on the playlists too. The reason I keep them all together in one directory is simplicity, easy to make playlists and easy to update. I synch the "Audio" folder on the sd-card with the same on the PC. And using a file manager (Directory Opus) I can sort by various tags or synch easily, very simple. So far Poweramp handles it well but I do wonder if I'm headed for trouble as the library (folder) gets bigger.
  9. Last week
  10. Ever since last year when my samsung updated to one UI 6.1, there is constant popping and distortion especially when skipping tracks. For example when I open spotify and play a song, the song sounds muffled and quiet, if i skip or fast forward it makes a super loud distortion sound that feels like its gonna break my speaker. It goes back to normal after one skip but I always have to be careful when I am skipping or fast forwarding. Nothing has worked I've tried uninstalling reinstalling, and it does it on every eq even if its flat it doesnt matter. Idk how to fix it.
  11. While running separate equalization processes one after another is generally a bad idea, I can see the logic of allowing an additive structure for EQ bands within one processing pass. So for example if you know your headphones are bass-light you might create a Preset that boosts some of the lower frequencies, which you want applied to everything sent to that headset. But separately you have a particular album which has been mastered with the instrumentation overpowering the vocals, so you might create a specific Preset to boost the midrange frequencies. Currently, that album-level midrange boost would remove all the bass-boost needed for the particular headset in use. I can definitely see the desirability of multiple layers of equalization being merged (frequency bands added/subtracted) to create an overall pattern to be applied in one go. Of course you'd need to be wary of bass-bosting by 15dB three times over as the results would be awful, but that could be caught by the Limiter. Andre
  12. Putting too many files into any one flat storage structure can indeed have performance implications, as finding and fetching an item within a 20,000-item index is clearly going to take longer to process than fetching a 15-file subfolder's directory list. Also, it's hard to actually find anything when scrolling manually through such a long list - either within a player app, or trying to find a particular file in a file explorer. You need some sort of granularity to make a collection manageable. To put this into a real-world context, imagine going into a bookstore where all the books were just piled up together in no order - you'd never be able to find anything. What you would expect is to find the store arranged into multiple categories first (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biographies, Geography, Photography, Music, Medical, etc) and then broken down by author, then by series (if appropriate), and finally by title. What ordering to choose varies from individual collection to collection, and might be different for a classical music collector versus a rap fan. For example I have a lot of Film & TV music, and quite a bit of spoken-word material, so within my overall master 'Audio' folder, the first level of sorting is by overall category - such as Films, TV, Music, Ambient Moods, Podcasts, Radio, Drama, etc. Then within those overall folders I'll create organisational subfolders as needed. So 'TV' would contain subfolders for each show plus a 'catch-all' folder for various one-off material, while Music would contain subfolders for each artist and then further nested subfolders for their individual albums (plus again a catch-all subfolder for one-off Singles). I mostly navigate my collection using the folder structure, as although all of my own music is neatly tagged it's still easier to find something like a Podcast by clicking on 'Podcasts' than it would by trying to wade through 1,000 mixed-up artist names. Andre
  13. @Mr Natural to organise your music, users generally use a structure such as a root folder (MyMusic), then folder denoting bands and within these folders their albums. Within albums folders you would have the tracks
  14. I keep all audio stuff, music audiobooks and playlists, in one folder on the sd card. I make my own playlists with mp3 tag and a text editor and it just keeps things simple. Anyway I've heard it said here that can cause performance issues. But why? I would think if there are a given number of files the easiest and fastest way to find them would be if they are all in one place instead of scattered around. In any event, is there a preferred file/folder structure?
  15. Stacking EQ's is never a good idea. Especially on a mobile device that is likely already challenged for dynamic range and headphone amplification. IMO
  16. So, I really like the parametric eqs. But, there is one thing bugging me a bit. You can assign EQs to a device, or title. You see the 'problem': If you use different devices with your personal equalizer settings and THEN ALSO want to use Title-specific settings, the Title settings override your settings for the device you are using. Now, the solution should be rather easy: Add a global EQ (the way it is now) in which you can apply settings to everything. Then, add a button for the device you are using and the current title. Don't make it too hard to program: If the global EQ is parametric, the device and title EQs should be as well. If its regular banded, the same applies. So you can set one parametric and one banded for each device/title seperately which will be applied based on the global EQ mode. Programming-wise, just add the parametric bands into the equalizer and you should be good; in banded mode, the bands need to be either all the same size (meaning if you use simple adding and subtracting for each band/slider to get the final eq) or if you are feeling fancy, use some curve math and the bands amount will be more or less arbitrary.) I recommend, as a first and easy-to-implement measure, just start with parametric-only support and maybe include locked-amount-of-eq-bands support after. This should not require any rework of any EQ-frameworks you use, as its basically just a bunch of additions/subtractions from the final EQ the program actually uses. Thank you sincerely for your consideration.
  17. Yes, there was an issue in older Poweramp builds with uppercase Replay Gain album offsets not being read correctly, which is fixed on newer builds. As far as EQ presets go, it does sound like either another preset could be kicking in and overriding the device-specific one, or the BT device name is not being reliably passed to Poweramp. A logfile immediate after a track change which causes the mis-detect might help. EQ Preset priority is: song first, then category (album/folder/genre/etc), then any specifically named device (a particular BT or USB device for example), then the generic output mode, and finally the fallback default. Andre
  18. I just found out by trial and error that Poweramp 941-945 does not read RG tags track gain when they are in UPPERCASE letters, Poweramp 941-945 only understands lower-case ReplayGain tags as confirmed by other users I re-tagged my files in lowercase, did a full rescan and now the tags are read correctly. At last, I get consistent device presets and loudness levels.
  19. Does this happen on all output modes and on all output devices? (e.g. Bluetooth, wired headset, etc) Andre
  20. The balance has no effect on sound output. Build 976 64 bit. Android 13 Samsung s20 fe 5g. Ulock build 307. Did work in the past.
  21. Yes, that's easy as long as you are using the same Google account on your new device. Within reason, you can install on as many devices that you own as you like, all using the same Google Play Store licence. Andre
  22. Build: 976 Device: FiiO M11 Plus Android version: 10 Description: I have encountered this issue twice before where an extremely loud buzzing / static noise (almost like screeching) will interrupt the playing audio. The sound that plays is genuinely ear piecing and I don't doubt that it could damage your hearing or whatever is connected. This sound has only occurred while playing with a wired connection using a 3.5 aux, and seems to be somewhat uncommon. The first time experiencing this was when my M11 plus was connected to my sound system in my car about a week ago, and the second time with some wired headphones about an hour ago. I would have initially assumed this was a problem with my M11 plus but this seems to occur with any device I plug in. During the second time this "screeching noise" bug occurred I tried to do some testing to collect info about the problem. I tried playing a Youtube video after the loud sound started playing, and Youtube worked just fine. Switching back to PA would result in the loud noise continuing to play when I unpaused the music. Alongside this, it seems that the volume slider directly affects how loud the noise is, which leads me to believe this is a problem with PA rather than my M11 plus. Unfortunately, I don't have much info on how this sound happens to play in the first place. I wasn't doing anything with my player when the sound occurred in my car. During the second time this sound played, I was constantly dragging the play head back on the currently playing song while adjusting an EQ profile. I did some searching around and this thread from 2014 seems to most accurately describe the issue (it quite literally sounds like a 'sound from hell'). I can't really use PA anymore due to this as I can't risk having these blow out my speakers / headphones, or my ears.
  23. No, it's not possible to equalize the content of telephone conversations. Might work for WhatApp or Skype possibly, but I rather doubt that they flag themselves as media players. Give it a try and see though. Andre
  24. As we get older, our hearing deteriorates; unlike owls who retain most of their hearing. In my case, I hear low frequencies well, but not high frequencies. So far, I can get by without hearing aids, but this will not last forever. Telephone calls represent a problem area for me. Increasing total volume is not a solution. I need only to increase the high and perhaps some mid-rage frequencies. Is the Poweramp equalizer application for mobile also active when making telephone calls? I would appreciate knowing if it is and how it is best utilized for such. Thanks.
  25. It's called Visualization, and it has been a customisable feature in Poweramp since about 2016. It can be enabled or disabled by tapping the Visulalization icon (left-hand item in the row of four icons beneath the artwork area). Andre
  26. I just brought Poweramp to a new Android phone and the program seems to have have been "updated" to a irritating new visual "color organ" effect while music is playing. I can't figure out where this "feature" exists in the Setup area to turn it off.
  1. Load more activity