DLNA UPnP support

clarkerliu

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all together,

nice to notice that I am not alone with this request.

I ripped all my CD on an external multi media hd together with a Devolo network solution. To play songs from this hard disk I use my acer a510 and then I stream the music via bluetooth to the hifi. Since I don't have root access on the tablet, it's not possible to mount the drive, so no possibility to use Poweramp (unfortunately).

So here's another request for DLNA support from Germany. Thank u!!

• 2 weeks later...

+1000 for this feature! I would like nothing more than to stream music from my phone to XBMC. This is the one feature I still keep doubletwist around for. Please Please Please add this feature soon, Max! I'm even willing to pay extra for it, if you want to implement it as an add-on (but no in-app purchase, please, I hate that with a passion XD).

• 5 weeks later...

I use Poweramp all day because I think it's the best player for android, so thanks for the good work.

Only at home, I can't use it because it does not support DLNA to control my HiFi-System.

So please add this feature soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poweramp is really so good, that I wish to use it for my PC, because I stream music from my PC to multiple HIFI-systems.

But why with the PC? An Android phone or tablet with Poweramp would be the better alternative, if it could stream music in high quality to a HiFii system

with an appropriate adapter (e.g. AirPort Express, Apple TV). It would be really a great feature if Poweramp would support such an interface

(e.g. AirPlay). I would also pay for such a plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

I also would like this feature. I have a phone that I use Poweramp on that has a 64gb card in it and carry the vast majority of my music with me when not home.

However, I just purchased a Nexus 7 for use at home via wi-fi and I see no reason to move a large portion of my music to the limited space I have on the Nexus. I knew DLNA is not yet supported but I can access my Windows shares via ES File Explorer and I was surprised to find when I select a music track there, other applications come up with an option to play the track, Poweramp does not.

Poweramp can only play from it's own library, not any tracks on the fly, and this is a big negative

I love Poweramp and really want to be able to use it as much as possible so it's quite sad I cannot make use of the product in this scenario.

Obviously, DLNA would be the perfect solution, but perhaps a simpler and quicker stop gap would be just to allow a way for Poweramp to play tracks on the fly that aren't in it's library.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this topic is active for nearly two years now, and no dev or another official has ever given a statement concerning this feature, can we assume it will never be implemented? Just downloaded the trial, but this lacking feature is essential for me.

Anyone know why the devs never reply to these requests? I have been following this one and another thread on Google music but we never get any response?? I mean...we have paid for this software surely some kind of response is deserved?

• 2 weeks later...

Right, the silence speaks - but There's no good reason for 2 years of never answering.

That's no good style to go on with customers, who have spent money and want to spend more

for this feature.

I think really about buing another app, because i don't like to switch all the times....

A real pity!

• 4 weeks later...
Something like that is planned, please check this post:

I just read through that thread and see nothing that indicates this is planned.

Do you have a more specific reference to this feature being in development?

Being able to play content to my home stereo and from my NAS through my android is must have functionality.

BubbleUPnP can do this, so it would seem that it can be done.

• 4 weeks later...

I have bought the Poweramp a view weeks ago.

But i realy miss the DLNA/BubbleUPnP support (NAS support).

I hope that you will integrate it in the next version.

Without this future i think i have to change the player and this would be very sad.

At the moment i have solved this problem with the cifsManager but this works only with an Custom ROM