Shuffle Lists

Sirion

Hi,

I have a little problem regarding the shuffle lists feature. But first I start with explaining my folder structure for a better understanding. I have a main folder for all my audio files, this folder contains 2 sub folders: audiobooks, music. The music folder contains folders for each album artist and each of these contains the albums. The audiobook folder contains folders for the book series and each of these contains the books.

So while listening to an album I long-click on the shuffle icon and select shuffle lists, songs in order. The problem here, the audiobooks get shuffled too, although I only want the music folder to be shuffled (and therefore all albums). My question is, do I miss a setting that allows me to only shuffle the albums in the music folder and tossing the audiobooks aside or is it a limitation in Poweramp? If it is a limitation maybe it could get be changed in a future update?

I like that feature, as you can shuffle the album order while each album gets played track # by track #, only that the audiobooks get mixed in is annoying as I have to manually advance to the next list.

You may select folders to play in Poweramp menu: Settings=>Folders and Library=>Music Folders (check folders with music and uncheck audio books).

But won't that stop the audiobooks from being played at all when he does want to listen to them though? He only seems to be asking for audiobooks to be ignored by the SHUFFLE playback system, not regular playback.

I've been asking for this feature for a couple of years now - either by stopping certain folders/genres from appearing in shuffled lists, or by assigning a maximum running time for tracks that are included in shuffled lists (e.g. tracks need to be less than 8 minutes long to get played in shuffle mode). Personally I favour the folder/genre option.

Andre

But won't that stop the audiobooks from being played at all when he does want to listen to them though? He only seems to be asking for audiobooks to be ignored by the SHUFFLE playback system, not regular playback.

Exactly, to be more precise it would be cool to be able to select the folder whose sub- folders I want to be shuffled ( either only songs or the lists/ folders).

I know it's not what you're looking for but there are many dedicated apps for audiobook listening, some of them pretty good. That's what I do: use Poweramp for music and an audiobook app for audiobooks (still undecided what to do with some random podcasts/radio recordings, though).

That said, I would love to have this feature!

Surely I could use another app for that, but that doesn't solve the problem as I also have a third category of audio files ( live comedy events) which also had to be used in another app. Besides this being a possibility or not it would make a great feature for shuffling the order of albums when I'm in a specific folder whose sub- folders I want to be shuffled rather than all audio containing folders.

And there are many other reasons that you might not want the tracks in certain folders to be used in shuffle mode too... for example, I have some instrumental soundtrack albums which are quite 'esoteric' and I don't really want single tracks from them to be played within shuffled song playback. Also tracks which need to be played in a specific sequence (concept albums like Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds spring to mind, plus many classical albums).

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I would REALLY like this feature... In fact I requested this over a year ago (can't find the post, I think it's too old) but it seems it would be very difficult to implement with the way that Poweramp works, but nothing's impossible.

I do exactly what Max suggested as it seems it is the only way around it at the moment - I just have to think of my folders list as a dynamic thing which I change every time I want to listen to a different shuffled selection - a pain, but what can you do???

Archived