Stop Playback - EXIT/QUIT App

MourningStar

Newbie question #2 -

Search has revealed there is no 'QUIT / EXIT' the app button. ... to simply stop playback and hit the device  'Home' button. OK, but how do I "STOP" playback? I can only see a 'pause' (II) button, stop buttons are typically a square graphic and I cannot find.

-thx

thx Andre - quick follow-on question. Before you're reply, I paused the playing track and hit the home button. Later I did a hard shutdown of the device. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I turn on the device press the app icon and see that the track is still in pause mode. How do I turn the app 'OFF'? When I pause the track and hit the 'Home' button I think the app is still running because I see the little 'pause' icon on the upper-left of the phone. I am concerned that this is contributing to the drain of the battery. Why is there no exit/quit app method? 

Running apps don't generally fully 'exit' in Android when you press Home (or Back), they just get put into the background and remain dormant waiting until you next want them. You can see them all, and switch to them, using the Recent Apps list. If Android needs the extra space, it will offload older dormant apps as necessary, there is no need to use any sort of app killer.

Poweramp does have a small service which normally stays resident to handle headphone-insert actions, etc - but like all services, it just sits in the background doing nothing until it is needed. You can disable this background service via Settings > Misc> Tweaks if you think you need to for some particular issue, but there's normally no reason to.

After a reboot though, no apps would be running until you tap on them (again, see the Recent Apps list). When PA starts, it remembers where you had got to during your last session so it can continue playback where you left off when you press Play.

What exactly is the problem?

Andre

26 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Running apps don't  ...

What exactly is the problem?

Andre

Well, now that you have so kindly explained to me the way this app operates, there is no problem. In fact, this memory/last  session status, I think it a very positive feature.

-thx!

Archived