v2 now disappearing from device after leaving v3 alpha test

smiller

I entered the v3 alpha test program but was forced to leave due to the number of bugs at this point (not a complaint, just a statement.) Now after reverting back to V2 the Poweramp app disappears from the device after some random period of time and the only thing I can do to restore is a full reinstall (losing all of my settings and custom eq of course.) This has occurred three times now over that last two months (I have been unable to determine any specific condition that triggers it, the app just disappears.) I have tried completely deleting the app directory from the phone prior to a reinstall but the problem persists. Needless to say this is a serious issue. Is there any known remedy?

The device in question is a Moto X Pure running 6.0.0

Thanks

I have determined that restarting the device will cause the Poweramp app to disappear. I can then reinstall the Poweramp app and it will work normally until the next power cycle, and after the device reboots the Poweramp app will be completely gone from the device (both the Poweramp trial and Full Version Unlocker apps are gone.). The behavior did not appear until after i joined and then left the alpha test so i believe the problem is related. Am I the only one who has experienced this? And since it is now repeatable at will are there any instructions from the developer as to how I might troubleshoot? The Poweramp app has become unusable until this is resolved and this is clearly a critical issue (unless I am the only one to have ever experienced this, but even so it probably merits some follow-up from support.) I have posted here because I believe the issue to be related to the alpha trial but is there a more appropriate area for me to request support on this?

Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt response. I had tried deleting Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer  prior to reinstall of v2 but there was no improvement, and was considering updating back to v3 and uninstalling as a next step but in the interim have possibly found the problem... it seems that Android 6.0 is installing Poweramp to my SD card by default (instead of internal device memory.) I have manually moved the Poweramp v2 main and unlocker app to internal memory and since then it has survived several reboots, so perhaps the issue is resolved.

If this is in fact related to storage location it would seem odd as I have never observed this behavior with other apps, nor with Poweramp until recently. The appearance of the issue seems to be coincident with the update to v3 alpha but I cannot state with certainty that there is necessarily a link. Perhaps something to note in case any similar reports are received.

Again, thanks for the prompt response and I hope this feedback ends up being helpful in some way.

Archived