Alpha 703 Currently Not Supporting m4a File Types

Tenaj

Okay, they're AAC and here are a few file links.  Since I couldn't just upload them from my phone/computer due to the upload file size limitation I had to drop them in dropbox first so sorry for the delayed response.

http://tinyurl.com/jkmzhsy

http://tinyurl.com/j7sfpuy

http://tinyurl.com/gvjjx35

Plz let me know if the shortened urls don't work and I'll provide the original super long dropbox urls.

Thx.

Okay thanks for checking Andre, much appreciated.  Just throwing this out here, I currently have Poweramp 2.0.10 build 588 on my rooted Galaxy Note Edge (SM-N915P) running Lollipop 5.1.1. and all formats play fine.  I can upgrade that device to v3 if u/Max think it may help with troubleshooting.  I'm 'guessing' he uses an emulator when deving but since my Note Edge is rooted it's a bit customized.

tenaj 

Max has a ton of devices with all manner of Android variants to test on. Emulators are OK for software, but not so good at checking hardware differences (like high-rez audio for example).

What he has always said though is that he will test with the manufacturer ROMs, he can't guarantee what might happen with customised/home-brew ROMs.

Andre

LOL...agreed on the hardware testing Andre, it was just an offer and the prior version works PERFECT with my customized ROM.  My Galaxy 7s Edge, the one not playing m4a files, is the original ROM running the manufacturer installed Marshmallow os - I haven't touched that yet.  Looking forward to the next build so that I don't need to convert my m4a (close to 1000) files.  Despite this minor set back, Poweramp is still my #1 choice player :) 

tenaj

I thought I'd give it a try too. I'm on stock galaxy s7 edge exynos running the alpha. If I download the file and open with power amp nothing happens. Interestingly though my phone thinks that powpower amp knows the file type.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2016 at 4:08 AM, andrewilley said:

Max has a ton of devices with all manner of Android variants to test on. Emulators are OK for software, but not so good at checking hardware differences (like high-rez audio for example).

What he has always said though is that he will test with the manufacturer ROMs, he can't guarantee what might happen with customised/home-brew ROMs.

Andre

Hey Andre, I think I may have figured out the issue.  I went ahead and downloaded a few new m4a acc files directly onto the s7 Edge (running marshmallow) and they work perfectly.  I believe the issue with all the m4a files that I pulled over from my Note Edge (running Lollipop) may be caused by the encryption from that phone.  Halk is also running marshmallow and he's having an issue but ur kitkat worked correctly.  Maybe marshmallow isn't backward compatible on sd card encryption.  Anyway just mentioning it in trying to run the issue to ground.

Archived