Hardware Prev/Next/Play/Pause Button Support

I'd love to see the hardware volume/mute buttons to work like they do on BlackBerry's BB10 OS.  You can enable a setting to have long press on vol up/down change audio tracks.  Also, the middle hardware button should act as pause/play by default, rather than Android's ridiculous mute :)  Any chance Poweramp can hijack these default Android button behaviours, or am I doomed to have to wake the screen, take off my gloves, switch to Poweramp, find the on-screen controls, and tap them - all without driving into the ditch?  On BB10, I can do all of this without taking my eys off the road.

-Paul

That's up the to Android device and its settings, not the player.

Samsung devices for example have the volume up and down features assigned to the '+' and '-' buttons on an Android three-button headset, and play/pause is on the middle button. This functionality can be changed by third-party apps already in the Play Store. Or if you want to tinker a bit, you can edit the low-level Generic.kl button-mapping file (which needs a rooted device, and is device-dependent, so only try it if you've got a good idea what you are doing). I set mine for track fwd/back on the +/- buttons, double-clicks giving me next/prev folders/etc, and centre is still play/pause.

Andre

Archived