Repeating songs already played

FabianoRibeiro

I'm having a similar issue with Shuffle.  Actually It's super irritating.  I have a library of about 400 or so songs and after every 4th or 5th song it repeats.  Literally the song that just finished begins again.  If you go backwards (or forwards) you have to skip every third or forth song, TWICE!!!  Help please!

This should never happen, it's meant to play every song in random mode before starting on the list again. Unless you restart the shuffle of course.

Can you repeat this with a small enough playlist to be able to show the results as a screen recording, as otherwise it's hard to try to debug?

Andre

• 2 months later...

Can I infer from Andre's answer that Poweramp has no Random-play function, only Shuffle-play?  My DVD player (Oppo 973) has both, and I enjoy catching it occasionally repeating things, or falling into various repetitive patterns briefly, as one would expect when the choice of the next song up is truly 1/N, and N is less than twenty or so.  Of course, if N is really large, you would not expect many repeats, and the OP's complaint stands, even for Random-play.

Jim

Archived