Choose file types to play (deactivate to play audio from videos)

Hi!, have a good night!
I really love Poweramp, my problem is that Poweramp plays the audio from videos (it is not music), I would like to deactivate to play audio from videos.  
I connect my phone to my component loudly, I play music randomly and suddenly music stops and start voices from videos... I have a lot of videos and it took me time to find another file music. I just want to play Poweramp and feel free for doing other things

Thanks, Byron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I think Poweramp really needs this. And in the forum this request always gets this answer which I find very confusing. I'm using an app called Telegram and in my Telegram Documents folder I have thousands of files which include .png files, .mp4 files .mp3 files, .m3a files and many more. I don't want to remove that folder from Poweramp because I want to listen them. The thing is I want to listen these songs in that folder but when I select it I see 900 files in Poweramp and even though I select exclude songs shorter than 30 seconds, those mp4 files are there. They don't have any length, and that don't play in the player and they give error if there are more than five of them, it stops playing. It's very annoying in my opinion. It would be so much easy if we had an option to just untick some file types and don't see them anymore. Or do you expect people to choose the music files in thousands of files? So I'll be very happy of this easy request get considered.

Thanks in advance

Isn't Telegram a messaging app? Unless people are sending you copies of their music files via it maybe, or a larger group is sharing copies of their music files?

Sadly it sounds like the current workaround of using folders (which works fine for properly organised music collections) wouldn't help much if people are sharing ad hoc files into one location, unless you can create subfolders within your Telegram folder. You could just create some kind of batch command to move all of the *.mp3 files out of that messaging folder and into a more appropriate music location.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes I could do that but the problem still exists. And for every music file I get I have to actually go and carry it to the desired location. There is no harm on implementing choosing the file types I want to play but the thing I see is you only say that I should create a folder and carry my music files.

You could at least consider it before saying no.

Thanks in advance

Don't get me wrong, I too think it would be nice to be able to select extensions to ignore (or include) in scans, but that's not something which is in the app at present (or likely to be any time soon) so I told you how you could do it in the meantime. I'm sorry it doesn't fit in with your current music copying/sharing methods. Please note the wording in my signature.

Andre

• 1 year later...
On 2016/4/9 at 11:37 PM, andrewilley said:

Don't get me wrong, I too think it would be nice to be able to select extensions to ignore (or include) in scans, but that's not something which is in the app at present (or likely to be any time soon) so I told you how you could do it in the meantime. I'm sorry it doesn't fit in with your current music copying/sharing methods. Please note the wording in my signature.

Andre

Sorry to bother you mate, but it seems that you know a lot about audio file type issues right? i have a question here and may i have your answer? I downloaded a AU audio file on the internet (about my own job) but it cannot be played on my Windows Media Player and I do not know why. I download this audio converter as you can see (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/au-to-mp3.html) to convert this AU file. But before conversion, it required me to preset parameters, i know i should choose MP3 as the output. But how about the bit rate and sample rate, ? What are the meaning of these two parameters? What should i do, Do have any suggestions?

1 hour ago, FallsAway said:

, i know i should choose MP3 as the output. But how about the bit rate and sample rate, ? What are the meaning of these two parameters? What should i do, Do have any suggestions?

It probably just wants to know what output file settings you want - for example 44kHz, 16-bit sampling would be CD quality. Smaller numbers are lower quality in order to reduce the file size. Start with CD level and work downward if the resulting file is too big.

Andre

• 1 year later...

Hello. The software must have settings for the selected file type. This item is required for a user. Player software is incomplete without this option. Please solve this problem. This is the request of most users. I can not check the download folder of my phone every day and separate music files

Archived