Playlists issues

Hi I don't know if this a bug or something else, but everytime I format the external card and recopy every song, the playlist become emptied.

The last time I attempted to export them first then proceeded to delete them from PAP and reinstalled the app, the songs are there and are read by the app, the playlists cannot be imported again and even if the folders are selected and did a full scan the playlists now doesn't reappear in PAP.

Playlist are in format m3u8 and pla

When you delete music and reinstall it, Poweramp and android will rescan your device. Pa will rebuild its internal database with the tracks it finds. Even if you copied the tracks back in the same location, pa will treat these as new tracks and reassign new internal keys to each track in its database. Your old pa internal playlist are therefore no longer valid. However, exported m3u playlists are external to pa and android and hold the fully qualified path to the track. Assuming you copied your music in the same location, pa will be able to play these. In the case where you copied your music to a different location, pa is able to import the m3u playlists, it will create a new internal playlist with the same name. My app New Playlist Manager (inspired by pa) also has this import capability

Thanks for the explanation I have/had 63 playlists and currently using a 32gb card partitioned with Aparted and used as internal memory aswell with link2sd. Therefore I am pronned to reformat the card every now and then and I need a permanent solution or workaround for this.

I understand that m3u will work, but PA exported the playlist to m3u8.

Will your app work with this format as well? 

If you remove the card with the device off, and do not reboot until you have re-inserted the refreshed card, you might get away with it (depending on whether the copying program that you use maintains all of the file's time/date stamp information). However as Theoklink points out, they could be treated as new songs if Poweramp thinks they are fresh files with the same name.

Andre

Archived