stars rating tags

trtaa

Hello! I use Poweramp for a long time, it's  a very good player but you can make it even better!

1. Please make them stars ratings to save right into id3v tags (directly in files).  I mean i can rate all my songs in library, than something can happen, like rename of songs folder or Poweramp update, and all stars are gone!  Make them store right in files so even if we move our files to another folder, playlist or device (to PC for example) let the stars ratings not to erase.

2. Poweramp has a playlist named TOP RATED, where are ALL our files,  rated from 5 to 1.  It's a pretty useless playlist, please make this playlist to contain only 5 and 4 stars, then it would be really top-rated.  So we can open this top-rated playlist, put it on shuffle and enjoy))

The 'Top Rated' choice is not really a playlist, it's a playback mode (like Albums or Artists). It just groups all the songs by their ratings, in the same way as other modes group by Album title, Artist name, Genre, etc.

And as for saving ratings to ID3 tags, that is a (very) long standing request that a lot of people have asked for. I think as age of requests go, it's now out of kindergarten and starting school... ;)

Andre

The 'Top Rated' choice is not really a playlist

so can you make a playlist for 4 and 5 stars?  where we could shuffle our top-rated songs.

saving ratings to ID3 tags, that is a (very) long standing request that a lot of people have asked for

then i simply don't understand why it isn't done yet.

i don't wanna move to other music players which are more  open to their users' requests -- i paid for Poweramp and i like this player: it's very beautiful, user-friendly etc))

so can you make a playlist for 4 and 5 stars?  where we could shuffle our top-rated songs.

Not easily, as the Top Rated mode does not give a hierarchical drill down list (like albums, artist, genres, etc do). Otherwise you could long-press on a rating level and select Add to Playlist. There are some third-party apps around which might be able to do this for you though, such as Theoklink's Playlist Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyingdutchman.newplaylistmanager .

I'm afraid I'm just as much in the dark as you as to why saving ratings to tags hasn't been implemented over the past four years, other than the fact that for some time the dev has stated he is working on a new underlying audio engine rather than adding any new UI features at the moment.

Andre

Archived