How to order songs individually by folder?

ksio89

Is it possible to list the tracks in one folder by track #, so the order is the same as the tracklist in the album (for a ripped CD or digital album tracks), and another folder with standalone tracks by title? For example: I have a folder with standalone electronic music songs, which don't have a track number tag (I use mp3tag to remove track # tags in these tracks), so I would like to sort them by alphabetical (title) order. In another folder, I have a regular album which has the track # tag, so I would like Poweramp to list them in track number order. 

However, Poweramp can't set folder orders individually by folders, so it's tiresome to go every single to List Options>Folder Songs and change back and forth between by track # and by title .Is there a way to set order songs individually by folder instead of a global preference? Thanks in advance,

You can't change the List Options per individual folder, it's a global setting for Folder playback mode. The best way around this would be to use "by filename" ordering and make sure that albums for which you wish to use track numbers are labelled as "01 tracktitle.mp3", "02 tracktitle.mp3", etc. You could do this pretty quickly in a batch tag editor program on a computer, it needn't take long.

Andre

Archived