Good settings for music.

BTR

I was just wondering what other peoples settings are.

Also, I would like to know what all the knobs do in equalizer. They say stuff like 31, 62, 125 and so on. Just wanted to know what that stuff does and how I should adjust it to get the best sound. Thanks.

The numbers are the frequency band that each slider adjusts - 31Hz is very, very low end while 16K is right up near the top range of many people's hearing. There is no one 'right' setting, as an equaliser's main function is to correct for any issues with the amp/speakers/headset/room layout you are using, or to improve poor recordings. You can also adjust to personal taste, such as adding a whole load of neighbour-annoying bass if that's what floats your boat.

In a perfect world you'd leave everything flat and would hear exactly what the music producer intended you to hear, but very few people live in an acoustically perfect music studio.

Andre

The numbers are the frequency band that each slider adjusts - 31Hz is very, very low end while 16K is right up near the top range of many people's hearing. There is no one 'right' setting, as an equaliser's main function is to correct for any issues with the amp/speakers/headset/room layout you are using, or to improve poor recordings. You can also adjust to personal taste, such as adding a whole load of neighbour-annoying bass if that's what floats your boat.

In a perfect world you'd leave everything flat and would hear exactly what the music producer intended you to hear, but very few people live in an acoustically perfect music studio.

So how do you have it adjusted?

So how do you have it adjusted?

I don't quite understand the question - to adjust any of the frequency band sliders up or down you... well... slide them up or down with your finger on the touchscreen. Then listen to see if the result is more pleasing to you. Not sure how much extra detail I can add to that unless you can be a bit more specific about what you want to do?

Andre

I don't quite understand the question - to adjust any of the frequency band sliders up or down you... well... slide them up or down with your finger on the touchscreen. Then listen to see if the result is more pleasing to you. Not sure how much extra detail I can add to that unless you can be a bit more specific about what you want to do?

I'm just wondering if you have a preset that you always use. And if you do, what is it?

No, I don't have any specific preset mode, nor would it be of any real use to you unless you use the same phone, headphones and ears as me. :)

I perhaps tend to slightly push up the bass end when using my earbuds as they don't give much low end, but settings like that are entirely governed by the equipment you use and your own personal tastes.

Andre

No, I don't have any specific preset mode, nor would it be of any real use to you unless you use the same phone, headphones and ears as me. :)

I perhaps tend to slightly push up the bass end when using my earbuds as they don't give much low end, but settings like that are entirely governed by the equipment you use and your own personal tastes.

Andre

Thanks.

Archived