App Icon not on my phone

vdubyajohn

Put it there like any other app on your phone. It varies a bit with different devices and launchers, but generally go to your Apps list and long-press on the Poweramp icon and drag it into a spare gap on any homescreen (it used to be simpler still, long-press on the gap where you want to put the app and then choose it from a list, but hey Google love to change things to make stuff harder for users).

Andre

OK, this I tried multiple times, it just keeps turning the app on without moving the icon. By now I can get to the icon in settings quickly enough, so I'll deal with getting my music to be where it's supposed to be first and then worry about turning it on in a more convenient manner. If I can't get the music and playlists straight, there won't be any need to turn it on. Thank you.

This is a function of your phone I'm afraid, not of Poweramp, so I can really only offer general advice as an Android user. Did you try both methods? i.e. long-press on any empty space on a homescreen, and also use press-and-hold to drag the Poweramp icon from your apps list over to a gap on one of your homescreens. The methodology have changed several times with new iterations of Android, and I personally still prefer the older v2 (FroYo, etc) systems - and Lollipop is worse than KitKat.

Andre

I'll try again, maybe I'm not pressing long enough?
I've moved other icons to the front/home screen without problems before so I don't know why this one is resisting the move.
This is the least of my issues, obviously, but if I DO get Poweramp to work correctly, I will need to solve it.
I really do want to get it to work correctly while I'm in free trial mode, so I'll feel better about paying for something that actually works. I'm tired of trying the different free versions and not getting a music player that works, and I'd like to just get ONE to function. This has been a big part of my frustration, trying so many things that don't work for me. If I could just get the music to import correctly, I wouldn't care how long it takes to learn all the features. I just want to click on a familiar playlist and listen to the music I've become accustomed to hearing, in the order I've chosen. The rest is frosting on the cake. Thanks again.

Archived