Sadly, the Samsung Note 4 is a better choice now [Song Ratings]

Sirandar888

I have used Poweramp since my HTC Desire Z.  It has been the clear choice for years.

But it has always been missing one thing  ..... ratings.  Yes you can set ratings within Poweramp, but as if I am going to do that again for the 6000 tracks in my collection.  I have already rated them on my PC along with mood and tempo with media monkey. I listen to music as its cut and buy my audio devices so they are sound right without equalization and boosting.  Poweramp may be better there but listening to both at default settings the Samsung player sounds just as good or better with no changes.

Initially on the Note 4 I automatically disabled the stock music player and installed Poweramp because I didn't think Android and Samsung could ever get it right. On my S3 Sam and Android corrupted the microSD card cataloging music every time. 

However later I gave Samsung music it a try and it works properly with my Sandisk Gb card on exFAT.  Actually the Sam player wouldn't even look at the card if it FAT32.  Their engineers finally learned about QC

The Sam player does everything Poweramp does except rearrange track order in the queue.

Really the only thing IMO you can do to distinguish yourself from the Stock players is to properly support tagging from the PC.

You app is still  prettier but Sam is better integrated and has a better widget.  

Tested the Stock Note 4 player in the car .... works properly.... on Lollipop... on 4.4.4 it was a stuttery mess.

Sammy and Google finally learned something about software QC

Power Amp is no longer a automatic choice. You will lose much of your install base unless you reinvent yourself soon.

Archived