Korean symbols playlist

Minho

• 7 months later...

If you've got the right language selected in Settings > Folders and Library > Folders/Library Scanner > Tag Encoding, then you could try using M3U8 format for your playlist files (i.e. Unicode UTF-8 encoding).

Andre

Hi, sorry to dig this one up. I have the same problem with Asian and accented characters ("é") and went to look for this option but it's no longer in the list of encoding options. Is "Default" the same as the unicode option? Had it in default, but the Asian and accented characters are still missing from the library (shows up in other players like doubletwist/AirSync)

Any solution for this case?

• 2 years later...

Is this problem with m3u capabilities or it is app doesn't see korean symbols? 

Thing is, I really can see korean songs if change to '*.m3u8' but I use another program to import my music library and it uses only m3u playlist files so I every time changing file types back and forth.

If this app please make it see if possible, if not - you already make The Best music player and it's a small price to pay))))

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The M3U spec is limited to regular one-byte ASCII characters - i.e. codes 32-126, and usually the extended ASCII 128-255 set too. M3U8 can have the same text content, but it is encoded using two-byte UTF-8 character encoding so you can use a wider set of characters.

Andre

Archived