Importing Playlists

I have synchronized my music on a Samsung Tablet with a memory card with Windows Media Player 12.  All of my playlists appear in the Playlists folder on my tablet.  However, all of them do not import when I click on "Import System Library Playlists."  The Playlist folder is included in the music folders to be used in folders/library.

Importing System Playlists means ones used in other Android music apps, not Windows playlists. Playlists found in Poweramp's scannable folders should be loaded automatically when you do a scan or rescan.

Do some import but not others? Sometimes the problem can be the folder structure on Android is different to your Windows folder layout.

Andre

Yes, some playlists import and others don't.  I have synchronized my music folder, including the wpl playlists with the tablet.  They appear in a playlist folder on the tablet with a pla extension.  I have about 220 playlists but only 164 import.  If I try to import again, without deleting the ones that have already imported, the same ones import again but with a 1 after the playlist name.

Would I be better off to convert my wpl playlists to m3u?  Is there an easy way to do this, other than to recreate them one at a time?

Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it.

• 5 months later...

Since my last posting I have tried several things.  I have converted all my playlists to m3u and I have made sure that the folder structure on the tablet is the same as on my computer. Rather than synchronize the computer with the tablet I have copied and pasted all of my music and playlists onto the tablet.  I am still having the same problem.

In addition to not all of the playlists importing, many songs in some playlists also have not imported even though they are on the SD card.

In an earlier post you said that importing refers to importing from another Android device, not Windows playlists.  Basically, all I want to do is to get my Windows Music Player playlists to work on my tablet.  Does Poweramp not allow for synchronization between WMP and my tablet?

I'm about to give up and search for another app.

Poweramp does not synchronise playlists at all. It can import Android system playlists, and if you have an M3U playlist file it can import that too, but where the M3U file comes from is up to you (or other software) to synchronise.

Where are you storing your playlist files, and what do they look like? Could you paste a few entries here, they are plain text. If you have any odd characters in the filenames you might want to try resaving them as .M3U8 format (extended UTF-8 character set)

Andre

Archived