Play songs by album

karambel

I am in my trial period with Poweramp. I love the interface but am having a problem that would make the program useless for me. I am trying to play songs by album. For some albums, in the album file listing i see multiple instances of the album cover art, each with its own song. That is for some, but not all, music that i transferred over from my PC. I tried buying an album from amazon's mp3 site. This lists the album art only once, saying that there are, for example, 12 songs on the album and listing them in their proper order. Still, when i go to play the first song in the album it plays that one and then the next song in some other album. I have made no play lists.

I am using a Motorola Driod 2 Global, with Droid ver 2.2 running.

If I can fix this I plan to buy the program. If not then I might as well stick with the stock program :(

Thanks,

Deirdre Karambelas

If you are having problems with MP3 tags, just put each album into its own folder (store them in the MusicFolders folder on your SD card) and make sure the filenames have the track number at the start. Then play by Folder rather than Library. That's what I do, and it works much better that relying on tags in files as you have complete control over how it sorts and plays the files.

Andre

If it plays songs from other album/list after, it can be:

- shuffle mode enabled. Disable the shuffle mode (press SHUFFLE button until Shuffle Off, or long press and select Shuffle off).

- something in dynamic queue. Queued songs will be always played next after current track, so clear q (Library => Queue => menu Clear Q).

Thanks!

I am also in the trial phase... I am loving this app. I have the same issue, all my music is sync'd with windows media player. It is organized by artist, album, then tracks. When I select to play the folde, or album the play order is not in number order. Shuffle is off and no obvious other options are on.

Please help

I just dled this this morning and I am having the same problem. I tried the numbering the songs but it didnt work. Im trying to listen to an album that kinda has to be listened to in order. any help would well help...lol

I just dled this this morning and I am having the same problem. I tried the numbering the songs but it didnt work. Im trying to listen to an album that kinda has to be listened to in order. any help would well help...lol

The original poster question answered here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=846&p=3568#p3240

though it seems that your issue is not the same, but instead something about song ordering, in this case:

PowerAMP uses purely file name based sorts for Folders (it also sorts by file numbers, i.e. 01-track.mp3 or track-02.mp3).

For Library, purely tag based sortings are used, i.e. there should be valid Track # tag in the song.

• 1 month later...

The original poster question answered here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=846&p=3568#p3240

though it seems that your issue is not the same, but instead something about song ordering, in this case:

Poweramp uses purely file name based sorts for Folders (it also sorts by file numbers, i.e. 01-track.mp3 or track-02.mp3).

For Library, purely tag based sortings are used, i.e. there should be valid Track # tag in the song.

To clarify this program reads the file name only so in order to have the songs played in rip/CD order the track # must be merged in with the track name?

If this is the case, is it possible to modify the program in an update to look for track number in the tag also. I use windows media player to rip my music and then transfer those ripped files to my phone. I love the features of this software and thats why I purchased it. I would hate to have to rename all my music file names to include the track number so the player will automatically play them in order.

Thanks...

Archived