Can't Find Menu key, nor Options, nor Settings on HP Touchpad Tablet Running Android

joegorin

I would like to customize Poweramp. For example, I want to change the view in the Library to be in order of Album Artist. But I cannot find any way to access options.

I saw an early YouTube video on a phone screen that found "settings" by swiping up from the bottom. I have swiped from every edge of the Album display of the library, and from the main window. I have found "settings" in the tablet settings, but it has none of these kind of options. I have looked for the "menu" key, which I suppose looks like a down-arrow in a circle. I have done "press and hold" on every part of the display. No luck. What am I missing?

Thanks for the thoughts, Andre. Sadly, there is no hardware menu key. And there are no three-dots-in-a-column icons on any screen. I've been through the tablet settings and can't find anything related.

There is a hardware key that allows power off, reboot, profile, and airline mode, speaker on/off, and on other icon that seems only to turn off the selections. There is another hardware button that pulls up the volume control, with another icon that pulls up speaker, alarm and one other level.

It is sounding like Poweramp is incompatible with my hardware. That is a surprising answer.

If there is no hardware menu button then apps should default to showing a three dots menu button (technically it's called the "Action Bar Overflow" - stupid Google, it's a menu in any real person's terms!). Poweramp is meant to do this too. There is an option in the Settings screen to force the three-dots button (Settings > Look and Feel > Menus > "Action Bar" and "Show Menu Icon") but of course if you can't get into the Settings screen in the first place this might be tricky.

Can your tablet force a menu button onto it's bottom bar (where you see the Home, Back, etc icons)? I assume long-press of any of those doesn't help?

Andre

Thank you again, Andre, for the thoughts. It did not occur to me that the tablet icons would give me a menu for the app. When I said I had tried "press and hold" on every part of the display, what I shoudl have said was I tried press and hold on every part of the Poweramp display, but not the bottom bar.

The tablet bottom bar had a return icon, a home icon, and a "stack" icon. A long press of the stack icon brings up settings, and I could go from there. One of the settings restored the three dots menu icon to other screens. The default that does not include the three dots certainly caused me this problem, and so seems unwise. But all is fine now. Thanks again.

--Joe

Archived