Volume output level on at&t galaxy note 3

yediydeyah

I seem to have an issue with the volume output coming from Poweramp on my (stock rom based) galaxy note 3. When I'm playing music with the stock music player, the volume output is decent. However when I play a song using Poweramp (or other 3rd party music app), the volume output drops pretty l9w compared to the stock music player.

I've toggled the DVC option as well as turned off the Limit toggle and in spite of this, the volume issue remains. I have already factory restored my phone as well as cleared the data in the application manager for Poweramp, but even with all of that, the issue remains.

So my question is, what makes the stock music app different/unique to where despite the system volume setting, it sounds louder than Poweramp? Does Poweramp access a different volume output stream than the stock music (digital vs. analog) to have this effect?

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks!

No noticeable volume difference between the supplied music player and Poweramp on my Galaxy Note 3 (Stock ROM).

Have you tried changing the replay gain values via Settings > Audio > Replay Gain? (I have that mode turned off in Poweramp)

Andre

I don't recall using Replay Gain and usually have it turned off on the other phones that I have Poweramp installed on.

I don't recall using Replay Gain and usually have it turned off on the other phones that I have Poweramp installed on.

So after going through a full factory reset (via ODIN), I can confirm that I'm not using Replay Gain on Poweramp.  I can also confirm that there is a volume difference between the stock music player and Poweramp whch to me confirms my suspicions that I put in my original  post.

Well there is the option of turning up the preamp in the equalizer. Over do it and there may be distortion but a small boost may get it to the level you want.

Yeah - I know about the preamp - however I don't really want to use the preamp just to make the volume 'the same'.  I'd rather use preamp to enhance an already loud (enough) output :D

However since Poweramp (& audio players similar to it) uses different drivers - I may have to use the preamp option....  I hope Max can reply to help shed some light ;) ;) ;)

Archived