Genre browsing

musiclistener

Hi,

thanks for the nearly perfect audio player.

I have however an issue that is crucial for me, maybe there is a setting that I have not found so far.

Is it somehow possible that, If I search in the genres tab that it shows an Artist filter first ?

At the moment, if I click on "genres" it shows the all albums (Jethro Tull, Neil Young Zappa etc) mixed. But I want to go on "genres" then choose "Jethro Tull" and then see all Jethro Tull albums date sorted.

It woluld be awsome, if that was possible.

Cheers

Alex

Because I have different genres: classical, Folkrock, Rock, Krautrock and spoken word etc.

Most important I want the spoken word (radio plays) out of the music library

This works on my desktoplayer (foobar2000) and all my iPods.

It is a must have for me. However I already bought Poweramp but It would be great If I could use it (I simply did not assume it was not capable of such a basic thing having read all the praise it gets. But In the meantime I have found s few other threads about this in the feature requests part of the forum....

Apart from that it s all one can wish from an audio player

Still not sure why you don't use Genre when you want to browse genres, and Artist when you want to browse artists... maybe not exactly what you are looking for but it should work for now.

But I agree that more flexible multi-layered sorting would be a great idea for the future.

Andre

Its just the sorting scheme I know from all my other players.

For example I don't want to browse through 500 Authors of my radio plays to find the 20-30 Rock Bands/Artists, so when I go to the Rock genre I only see the Rock groups, but when I go to the "Science Fiction" genre I only see thee 200 Authors aof Scince Fiction Radio Plays andwhgen i go to "Krimi" I only see the 300 Authors of crime Radio plays, If I go to Genre "Folkrock" I only see Albion Band, Steeleie Span, Fariport Convention etc etc.

It is that way on all players I know (I am new to Android, I have my first Smartphone for 3 days now...)

No, If I choose the genre "Folk Rock" I only want to see the Artists tagged with the genre Folk Rock, I f I choose Rock, I only want to see the artists tagged with the genre Rock, if I choose the genre "Classical" I only want to see may classical music etc etc. Thats the way I am used to since using my first musikplaying software on pc 15 years ago....

I see what you are saying, if you sort by genre first then that eliminates a load of 'artists' (of audiobooks) which you don't want to have to browse through when looking for a music band from a small list of music artists.

You could achieve this using folders rather than tags, although it would be slightly different to the way you work now.

Put your music into suitable folders and sub folders inside your overall Music Folder - e.g:

/Audiobooks

/Science Fiction

/Crime

/Horror

/etc

/Rock Music

/Jethro Tull

/Black Sabbath

/etc

/Folk Music

/Albion Band

/Steeleye Span

/Fairport Convention

/etc

Then browse/play your songs using Folders mode, with Hierarchy View. Not exactly what you want, but it should do for now (but it does limit you to a single 'genre' value for each track, as they can only be inside one folder)

Andre

I must admit I only ever use Folders mode for regular playback, as it gives me more direct control over everything.

In fact one of the reasons I went with Android rather than iPhone is that I like to be in control of how things work on my devices, not be told by the operating system how I should do things.

Andre

Yes it is true, but my radio plays for example are about 95 GB So I have to make a folder on the internal 64 GB card, another one on the SD  64 GB card, On Folder browsing I have now two folders one with the Authors A-P and one Q-Z (for example) Using the Library I have alle in one place.

Archived