Poweramp constantly hangup while playing music.

Poweramp constantly hangup while playing music. Random files, random timing. After hangingup Poweramp unable to play any music, switch to prev-next track or properly close. I have to reboot phone to get Poweramp work again.

Catlog send to Poweramp.maxmpz

Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100

Android 4.4.2

ROM - CyanFox 2.0.2-20140218-NIGHTLY

Poweramp 2.0.9-build-555-play (full version)

Also having this problem. Was talking with the developer via email, didn't come up to any solution.

Phone : Galaxy s2 gt-i9100

Rom: Carbon Nightly and Cyanogen 11 nightly

Latest Poweramp from market.

I'm starting to think this happens only on Android 4.3+, because I didn't have this issue on CMmod 10 and Samsung official 4.1.2.

I think I found a solution. Hanging music player is a problem on smdk platoform(Samsung phones with Exynos). The problem is that driver wich controls file system (FUSE) hangs up. That's why it stops playing. There is a workaround to this problem - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51657055&postcount=304. But it's only tested on gt-i9100. I already installed it and going to test it for a while. Will report after a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Seems I am having the same issue after flashing my Galaxy Note N7000 with a SlimKat 4.4.2. Before that I was using SlimBean 4.3 and it was fine. Now at some random point PA stops playing, and when I open it, I can press Pause, but pressing Play again never does anything, as well as attempts to press Rewind or FFwd.

Will try to flash this zip, CryptonicNova, thank you!

Archived