Remove/hide the Delete button

Hi, I'd like to request the (optional, user-selectable) ability to remove or hide the Delete button from the Poweramp menu, as I don't want any risk of accidentally deleting a file (or removing a track from my playlist) by clicking that button by mistake. I never, ever delete files or tracks via Poweramp, so I have no need for that button to be there at all, and there's always the risk that I'll tap it accidentally. :)

Thanks Andre. But I'm already aware of that setting, and I already have it unticked. That doesn't remove the Delete button from the menu however.

Furthermore, although unticking that setting prevents Poweramp from deleting the actual song file, it doesn't prevent Poweramp from deleting the song from the current playlist. So if I tap "Delete", the song still gets removed from my playlist, which I definitely don't want to happen!

So my original feature request still stands: I'd really love the ability to remove that button altogether so there's no chance of anything being deleted from anywhere. :)

• 10 months later...

You could try using the non expanded menu style (via Settings > Look and Feel > Menus, so you only see the first five options at the first press of the menu button, with the remaining options hidden behind a 'More' button. Maybe not ideal, but it would stop you catching Delete accidentally so easily.

I really don't fancy the Edge phones for exactly that reason - I seem to manage to select stuff by accident at the side of my normal screen anyway, so the Edge function would make that possibility ten times worse for me.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, so the Edge phones put the menu options permanently down the edge of the phone I assume? Messy! You could try going into Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Menus and turn the Android Action Bar mode off and use the regular or Poweramp skinned menu instead? Not sure though, as I don't have an Edge phone.

Andre

Poweramp is certainly not doing it deliberately, sounds like the Edge is forcing whatever Action Bar menu that an app offers to be down the side of the phone rather than the top where the app expects it to be. As that's such an obscure behaviour (I'd be forever catching buttons with the side of my hand!) I would hope they offer an option to turn that 'feature' off.

Is it worth trying a different Poweramp skin to see if that affects it?

Andre

Archived