Cannot Delete Files under Android 4.4.2

From memory, if you delete from a playlist, it will just remove that track from the list. You need to be in one of the direct file playback modes or views to delete from the SD Card.

Also do you have the Delete Action enabled in Settings>Look and Feel>General?

Andre

Sorry, but Note3 KitKat ROM gives no permission to write (e.g. delete/modify) sd card for non-system apps (like Poweramp). So no deletion/tag changes for sd-card files on that ROM.

It's still possible if music files are located in /Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ folder (as write access is given to those app specific folders).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Poweramp Version 2.0.9-build-550-play (Full-Version)

same problem cant delete files on sd card you need to update your program. mx player just update and now you can delete files on sd card

update log from mx player

Can delete files from external storage(sdcard) on Android 4.4 KitKat.

can you ask mx player team how they do this

This workaround works for file deleting

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2634840

Both es file explorer and mx player can delete files which are recognized by Android media scanner via security hole in Android media provider.

Unfortunately, this won't always work for Poweramp, as many Poweramp supported file formats (e.g. wvc, mpc, iso) are not supported by Android media provider, and Poweramp can scan folders which are not accessible to Media provider.

Thus implementing this approach will make some files deletable, some not, without obvious cause to Poweramp users. We still consider adding this with some error message poping when it's not possible to delete (instead of fake deletion like in ES).

And with 90% probability this will be fixed in upcoming Android releases (as this is a security hole, unless Google rollbacks this stupid sd card limitation).

Tag editing is still not possible for external sd card.

Thanks!

Sorry, but Note3 KitKat ROM gives no permission to write (e.g. delete/modify) sd card for non-system apps (like Poweramp). So no deletion/tag changes for sd-card files on that ROM.

This means, it is also not possible to save/update playlists under KitKat on sd card? That is my problem since a while.

Thomas

My playlists are located on sd card. When i add some music to a playlist (m3u8) it does not save it. In the past it automatically saves the playlist when i open it, make some changes, and after press the back button. How can i save my playlists?

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this on my new Galaxy Note 3 (stock 4.4.2, as yet unrooted).

If I try to delete a podcast from the external SD Card after I've finished listening to it, Poweramp appears to have removed the file correctly, but it is still present on the SD Card and is discovered again on the next rescan.

I can fully delete the file using ES File Explorer though, so it must be possible to work around this in KitKat without needing root. Max, are you looking into this already?

Andre

Archived