T-Mobile G2?

lo5th0pe

i have a Samsung Vibrant and have been driven crazy by their awful software. first phone completely lost the ability to use GPS and would crash when the Gallery was opened. second phone is not far behind with a third on the way. at this point, there's not much hope in the third being any different, which means T-Mobile gives me another phone, and i'm going for the G2 since so many Android users that love Vanilla love that phone.

here's my question: anyone here use Poweramp on the G2? it works okay on my Vibrant, but there are so many other issues that i can't say it's perfect, nor can i tell if it's Samsung's stupid software and file system, likely, or Poweramp, less likely. if anyone has a G2 and is loving or hating the Poweramp, let me know. if it works, i'll buy in advance so i can be up and running right away when i switch phones. if not, then i will go back to Meridian like i used on my MyTouch 3G.

thank you.

My questions revolve mostly around the lock screen function as well as making sure that the system remains stable when using it. I'm using it on my Vibrant while I wait for my G2, and the menu buttons and Baltic feedback do strange things coming out of the lock screen. I have learned how to stop it, but my hope is that the system just stays normal while the music player is running.

Thank you for the answers, though. Glad to hear good things.

So here's a question to the developers if they're watching: can we get the ratings from Windows Media Player to show up in our player? How many times do I have to rate a song, right? I rate my songs in my computer, so those ratings should follow me anywhere I put my songs. Seems logical. Ha ha.

That depends. If you are using the setting in media to persist the ratings in the files, then they should be read by other applications that use them. iTunes is probably the worst offender as they don't store the ratings in the files either (or at least they didn't when I rated them with both my iPods a few years ago). You can also get small utilities to sync ratings from major applications to the files themselves, that way you can see them. I use MusicBee to play, rate, and manage my music and sync from it to my phone. Once this app starts recognizing ratings in the files, it will be the first end-to-end system that lets me using ratings in the way I like (unlike Apple and Windows Media Player). I know there's another music player on the market that will read and use ratings, but I'm going to stick with Poweramp to see how it goes.

Got me phone yesterday and have been using it pretty much nonstop other than sleep. Poweramp works great in every way, and the Lock Screen is so smooth I can't even believe it coming off the Vibrant. Makes it even more official that Samsung should be shot for what they did to the Android software in the Galaxy S phones. Great work from the Poweramp team, though. Just awesome, and thank you everyone for your input. Made the purchase easy and guilt free.

Archived