Playlist position memory

Dr.Ipred

I want the Poweramp app to remember the last song played when swapping between playlists. So when I switch to another playlist I want it to resume playback from the last played song and not start at song number 1 as it currently does.

I basically want the same functionality the Adobe pdf reader app has when managing pdf documents. It keeps track of which page was the last read on each and every pdf and goes to that page whenever you open the pdf and not page 1.

My playlists are getting long and it is a huge nuisance to have to listen to the first few songs when swapping between them. Moreover, one playlist may be the chapters of an audio book, then it makes even more sense to be sure to continue from where it was last time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add my support for this improvement.  I don't see why the current position (playlist number position, time position) can't be kept and updated when new files are added (if new song position is less than or equal to current position then current position = current position + 1).

• 1 year later...

+1

I have different playlists for different moods/activities and i don't want to start the playlist over every time i go back to it.  this should probably be a checkbox in the settings since i realize not everyone will want this behavior.

Archived