Queue Progression - Repeat Mode

DTWD

This stems from this post:

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/3836-lock-screen-yes-or-not/

Basically if you, like me, play your entire music library but like to select a particular set of songs to play now and again but then return to the normal "all play" list the current looping system is annoying.

Because I want my entire music to loop through indefinatly I use the "Repeat List" option, but as soon as you play a queue of songs that starts to loop the queue (the queue has to have more than one song for this to happen) and never exits the queue if your using the specific queue exit option outlined in the linked post. The only way to exit the queue is to have it on any other repeat option, but then it won't loop the main list once it's exited the queue.

So I think something like another repeat mode like: Loop but advance queue's.

It probably sounds more complicated than it is, but if you read the linked post and replicate it it's quite obvious.

(the queue has to have more than one song for this to happen)

Or not, it appears to be looping with one track now. I think it must be a bug (that it loops or not) as it's not consitent in my use. Still the feature would be handy as looping the queue may be what some people want.

• 2 years later...

So I think something like another repeat mode like: Loop but advance queue's.

I know this post is old but I didn't want to open another one just for asking for the same: it would be really cool if there was an extra Queue setting to never repeat the queue, even if "repeat list" is set. Would that be possible?

Personally I'd suggest the Queue ignores both the Repeat and Shuffle settings completely. If I queue three songs in a certain order, I'd ideally want them to play in that order and then exit back to where the player left off. For any other more complex requirements, I'd create a Playlist.

Andre

Archived