Please could the file scanner have ".mp2" added as a recognised file extension

Silly little request, but please could you add ".mp2" to the list of file extensions that are recognised by the Poweramp file scanner? The decoder engine already plays these files perfectly (they're just an earlier version of MP3) but I currently need to rename them as ".mp3" to make the scanner find them, which is a bit of a pain in terms of syncing with my PC. (They come from demuxed UK digital TV/radio rips by the way, in case you're wondering, and I have quite a lot a radio shows in this format)

Thanks,

Andre

LOL, I know - but it's the audio transmission format for UK terrestrial digital TV (which also carries radio channels). I prefer to demux the audio directly from the stream rather than re-converting it to MP3, as it won't get any better that way.

As I say, Poweramp plays the files fine, it just doesn't bother looking for the MP2 file extenders when doing a scan.

Andre

(did you get my reply to your PM by the way?)

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Did this ever get added, as stated above (a year and a half ago)?

I copied some recent radio recordings over onto my phone this morning, but Powermap did not show them until I changed the extensions from MP2 to MP3.

The Poweramp audio engine already supports the file format fine, it just needs the text ".mp2" added to the list of allowed file extensions.

Andre

Archived