Error: Hi-Res Output on pixel 6a

antonridd

This can often happen with the latest Android ROM releases. Sometimes it can be worked around, other times it can be permanent due to functional changes in the ROM design (my Samsung Galaxy A54 still doesn't work for Hi-Res with Android 14 for example).

In the meantime, please try using an alternative Output method such as AAudio which may well offer higher resolutions too.

Andre

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

This can often happen with the latest Android ROM releases. Sometimes it can be worked around, other times it can be permanent due to functional changes in the ROM design (my Samsung Galaxy A54 still doesn't work for Hi-Res with Android 14 for example).

In the meantime, please try using an alternative Output method such as AAudio which may well offer higher resolutions too.

Andre

AAudio is working fine so far, but there are problems with the delay in rewinding. There is a faster response to Hi-Res. I hope Maxim will find the cause of the breakdown

I'm in the same boat with a Pixel 6 Pro after updating to Android 15. Hi-Res output (Direct HD) no longer works.
Poweramp build 987

Audio output protocol:

15:38:31.082 build-987-bundle-play
Device: google Google Pixel 6 Pro raven raven "raven" raven AP3A.241005.015 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

Pixel Android 11+
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=35
isPixelAndroid11 =>FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD
>>>OK flags=0x81541a400000000
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_ALLOW_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_SPEAKER
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC