Equalizer behavior

Ruckenwind
Go to solution Solved by MotleyG,

Had the issue with spotify, noticed it not that long time ago.

While playing it changes volume drastically, unpleasant to hear. I mean like equalizer off and on variously. Doesn't matter if spotify running background or foreground. I left beta version from Google play, reinstalled usual version, no permission been provided yet to advanced player tracking. But issue still persists time after time. Now it's playing second from the playlist without glitches. 

Spotify premium version, Poweramp equalizer latest versions. Xiaomi 14, android 14.

Any suggestions? 

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Does this happen during the middle of playback, or mainly when songs are changed by Spotify? Does this happen with cabled connections, or Bluetooth? And are you using the latest version of the EQ app (build 987)?

Andre

Well variously tbh. I'm talking about playback in device, not about Bluetooth. But mainly somewhere in the middle of the track, not from the start of the song. 

13 hours ago, Ruckenwind said:

While playing it changes volume drastically, unpleasant to hear. I mean like equalizer off and on variously.

Do you have a lot of boost (anything over 0db) while also engaging the Limiter? With higher boost levels this will drive the preamp into clipping and the Limiter will force the levels down dynamically.

Edited by MotleyG

1 minute ago, MotleyG said:

Do you have a lot of boost (anything over 0db) while also engaging the Limiter? With higher boost levels this will drive the preamp into clipping and the Limiter will force the levels down dynamically.

I have these settings in the app, and that's all. Where should I check? 

Screenshot_2024-10-04-19-18-13-244_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

• Solution

You can see in the graph curve in the higher frequencies where it turns to yellow and red. This is a warning these boosts in the EQ are going to cause clipping. This is made worse with the additional bass and treble boosts you have also added.

It is OK to adjust the frequencies this way, but then you have to offset it with the main preamp level on the left and reduce it to eliminate the red. Rather than boosting everything by +2.3dB you should try reducing the gain below 0 to offset the boosted EQ.

This should eliminate the fluctuations you are hearing. 

1 hour ago, mattyraap1966 said:

Try to lower the Preamp to 0% 

Turn on the Compressor with the following settings. 

Attack 49,0 ms, Release 1,0 ms, Compression Gain 3.7, Frequency 395, Trashold - 42.9dB, Gain 21.1dB 

Please turn off the Spotify Equalizer if it's on

Mercy! These settings for compressor worked very well. Sadly can't pick yours answer as solution to it as well.