Can't access to USB memory card

aeon
Go to solution Solved by aeon,

Hey everyone! I could really use your help with the Android 14 multimedia head unit that was installed in my car last week. I'm reaching out because I've tried everything to solve this issue and am out of options. I installed the Poweramp music player, but it doesn't seem to have access to the files on my USB memory card (though it plays files from an internal folder). I even tried using a similar player (AIMP) and encountered the same problem - it says access is restricted when I try to add files from the memory card. I've searched high and low for a solution, but nothing has worked. The pre-installed player on the system can read and play files from the USB without any issues, but I'm not satisfied with it. I suspect it's related to permissions in the Android system. I've also checked the app permissions in settings, but it shows that the app has been approved to access the media. I'm hoping someone here has a solution to this problem. Thanks!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

from the error showing it looks like you do not have some basic android component to OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE.  Which device?

Perhaps search on stackoverflow

The device is brand new (refer to the photo) and was set up two weeks ago. I'll give Stackoverflow a shot; thanks. I had no idea it existed.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Possibly missing system components? Worth checking this:

I remember seeing that before when I was looking for a solution. I've installed Files by Google, so maybe it got disabled on my device somehow. I'll definitely check on that tomorrow. Thank you!

452076081_26692117987042201_877443354634763911_n.jpg

11 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@aeon found this, it has a link which may help

It seems to be exactly what I need. I've downloaded DocumentsUI-10.apk on my home computer. Tomorrow, I'll attempt to transfer it to the download folder on my device and install it. Is the download folder the right place, or should I copy it somewhere else?

It does sound like something in your Android device then. Just a thought, but have you maybe restored settings from a backup that was created on a another device (or allowed app migration to do that)?

If so, uninstall and re-install the app cleanly, which should leave the Music Folders screen completely empty, and then use 'Add Folder or Storage' to try to gain access to just a single folder on your SD Card.

Andre