Poweramp keeps repeting last song in album/folder?

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Can't see how metadata would cause this. So it plays all of the tracks in an album/folder sequentially, but after the last track has played instead of stopping (i.e. paused at the beginning of that last track) as expected, it keeps on playing, repeating the last track over and over? How did you start playback in the first place?

Andre

@Tricky Correct me if am wrong, by repeating the last song, you meant that Poweramp plays the last song on the album when it stops then you press play, expecting it to start the album or folder all over, but it only plays the last song and stops. 

If this is the case, you have to manually start the album again from the beginning for it to play all songs.

I think this operation should be changed so that Poweramp can start from the top of the playlist when repeat is not selected, but play button is pressed at the end of the list. 

Bencherished. 

@Tricky Could you confirm whether you actually did mean what you said in the thread subject, i.e. that the last track of an album/folder keeps repeating automatically?

Or do you meant that when playback stops at the end of an album/folder, the cursor gets positioned at the start of the final track and will thus start that track again if you press 'Play'? If so, that is by design.

I do agree with what @Bencherished  said by the way, and in fact I proposed a few years ago that with Repeat Off (which more accurately could be titled "Play One Category") a more logical approach would be to return the current song position to the beginning of the first track of the current Category, rather than staying on the final one:

Andre

No, I mean exactly what I said, previously it would normally automatically play the next file/album in the library but now it just keeps repeating the last track, this is on an Android head unit, and I have another unit in another car with all the same settings and it behaves as expected and just plays the next album, both have exactly the same setting, all I can think of is to just uninstall and reinstall a set up again which is a pain.

• Solution

@Tricky You can export all your settings before you uninstall, and then re-import (selectively if you wish) once you've reinstalled.

However you said at the start of this thread that the 'Repeat' icon on the Player Screen was set to 'Off'. That mode should never commence playing the next album/folder/etc (more generally referred to in Poweramp as the 'Category') but instead it is meant to play all of the songs in the current Category (i.e. all of the current album, folder, etc) and then stop. The cursor should remain positioned (paused) at the beginning of the final track of that album/folder - so pressing 'Play' again at the point would commence listening to the final track again.

To automatically continue on to the next album/folder after the current one is completed, you need to set the Repeat icon to 'Advance Category' - which effectively means "Play All Categories".

Andre

You're right Andre, thanks for that! I reinstalled Poweramp and went through the settings and enabled the play all categories and it's now fine, i guess someone ie the wife had changed it and I didnt pick up on it although she wouldent admit it!😅

Too many settings, I now cant remember how to have all folders display in the first library screen, LOL!

6 hours ago, Tricky said:

😅Too many settings, I now cant remember how to have all folders display in the first library screen, LOL!

On top level library screen, tap the three dots, then tap list options, then long-press the category, in your case Folders, that will be given a shortcut with the home button (four square blocks). Long pressing the home button always returns to top level view, normal tap will go to Folders.