I need lyrics that can support VTT format and desktop lyrics display

Could be that the requestor has extracted audio and subtitles from a video container of some kind and ended up with a .vtt subtitle file. ffmpeg can be used to convert lyrics between different formats.

I have had my share of fun with video streams, lyric formats and character sets to last for a lifetime... more or less everything is subtitled here in Scandinavia, dubbing is luckily very rare.

The following will convert a .vtt subtitle file into .lrc

ffmpeg -i test.vtt test.lrc

Kim

@6b6561 That was kinda what I was assuming was being asked, but I can't see support for video-intended subtitles coming any time soon (which would include the more-common SRT format too). LRC seems to be the de facto standard for audio file text streams, and as you say it's easy enough to convert anyway. 

As for "desktop lyrics display", I assume the request is for floating lyrics which can hover over the top of other apps, which has been requested once or twice before I think. That would require extra Android permissions I suspect, and possibly be questioned for an audio player app. Are there any Android music players which offer this?

Andre