how to install an older version of Poweramp

if i uninstall and reinstall what things can i backup and what things do i loose?

and i just want to install the stable version because of a bug with the skin luminous dark where the simple seekbar it's out of place.

do you know when the next update will be? just curious

20 minutes ago, ihaspei said:

if i uninstall and reinstall what things can i backup and what things do i loose?

and i just want to install the stable version because of a bug with the skin luminous dark where the simple seekbar it's out of place.

do you know when the next update will be? just curious

When exporting settings/data it tells you what will/won't be compatible with older builds.

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

All backup options exported from 981 will be compatible for importing back into the previous stable release (976).

if you check any of the rest of the options it is not compatible with older versions

Screenshot_20240417_022340_Poweramp.jpg

It says that selecting those later items will mean the backup is not compatible with OLD builds of Poweramp, it's fine for recent builds.

The new format of backup file (which is more of a ZIP archive, containing lots of extra stuff such as Ratings, Album Art files, List Memory settings, etc) uses a filename extender of .poweramp-settings, whereas the old simpler backup file wrote/read .poweramp-backup files. From memory, it was around 2+ years ago that those new export/import features were added - so as long as you're not trying to go back to seriously old archive builds of Poweramp which can only read/write the original backup format, you'll be fine.

Remember that not everything about your setup will be restored - for example 'Date Added to Library' for all files will be reset to the new reinstall date, and restored internal playlist names will now include the restore date in their names. Hence my suggestion to just use a different skin in the meantime.

Andre