mass tag files

1 hour ago, Vince56 said:

Is it possible to mass tag files? we can only do piece by piece, when the name of the artist or album is not correct, it is very (too) long

It's for good reason- if there was an error or crash, having a write operation mess up your whole library would be an even longer affair.

13 hours ago, Fitzian said:

It's for good reason- if there was an error or crash, having a write operation mess up your whole library would be an even longer affair.

I'm not asking that the software do it for me, but that it lets me do it en masse. on my PC software they are well tagged but the software is sorted by artist and artist of the album, which for me is of no use.

As said above, this is not something that Poweramp supports or is likely to support in the near future (beyond possibly retagging a whole album in one go at some point).

For multiple files, you really need to use an external batch tag editing program designed for the purpose. I would suggest MP3Tag or Tagscanner on a PC, but there are a few Android apps that will do it too - although as @Fitzian has stated, Android on a phone is not an ideal platform for mass file processing.

I wonder if you actually need to do it though? From what you say, your tags may already be correct but you are perhaps not using the ideal Category sorting method for your music collection? As long as your albums are tagged using the same Album Title and Album Artist tags for every song, the Artist tag can vary song by song (e.g. for collections, collaborations, etc). Then you can use the 'List Options' menu to select your preferred sorting method, and view using either 'Artists' or 'Albums Artists' Categories. There are also some options in Settings=>Library=>Lists to control whether Artist or Album Artist tags are displayed in specific places. If you could describe your problem in more detail, we might be able to offer a better solution than a mass re-tag.

Andre