bluetooth device name not displaying on player ui

ihaspei

The latest Poweramp build (or it could be Android 14 / OneUI 6 related?) seems to sometimes not detect device name changes when a new BT device is connected.

I tried connecting one BT output device, and PA showed me the correct name in the metadata line and in the Audio Info chain, and it applied the relevant EQ. But if I then stopped playback, turned off the BT device and connected a new one, the old BT device name remained visible in the metadata, and the old EQ setting was still applied. Even force-closing PA did not seem to pick up the name of the new connected BT device after I launched PA again.

image.png

image.png

A phone reboot solved the problem, now connecting new BT devices is recognised properly. The Android/user-assigned connection name is still not displayed though, only the physical hardware name, which makes it impossible to assign alternative EQ values to different BT devices that have the same hardware designation. 

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The latest Poweramp build (or it could be Android 14 / OneUI 6 related?) seems to sometimes not detect device name changes when a new BT device is connected.

i'm still on android 13 / oneui 5.1

i just connected my headphones again and now it's displaying the bt device name like before. so weird

Screenshot_20231220_003943_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.e9c29d1ecd12bf9ef104747879e48128.jpg

first time that happened to me, so i think could be last Poweramp update that causes this bug maybe?

@ihaspei Yes, I saw this issue after installing the recent update, I had not observed it happening before. Stopping/restarting PA, and even force-closing all apps, did not prevent the 'stuck' Bluetooth name from being shown regardless of the actual device in use. However now I've rebooted the phone, I can't get it to happen any more, the correct current BT device is always displayed now. 

Andre