Tap on artists, album name on the player interface to directly open them

nowhere

Tap on artists, album name on the player interface to directly open songs of that artist/album without tapping on the more options (three dots) and then selecting album or artist to look into.

Like here in the pic a tap on 1st name will open songs by ZAYN, 2nd = Taylor Swift, 3rd = Album Name. In case the album name is large like here, there can be option to stop the automatic scrolling of the combines "artist name - album name"

Screenshot_20231123-102927_Poweramp.png

• 2 weeks later...

The point of the Frequently Requested Features list (which is what the voting system is based on) is that it the requests must be, well, frequently repeated, or asked for by multiple users.

That's not to say that other requests in the regular forums will be ignored, but it would be impossible to manage any sort of list if it contained every single topic in this forum (there are probably thousands of them by now).

I don't think this suggestion is a bad one, but as you say the necessary scrolling nature of the content could make it difficult to use (and if you stop the scrolling, a long artist name would hide the album name completely).

There is a popular existing request for making the content of two lines user-customisable, so perhaps including a tap option within that new feature might do what you want? But it also might be a recipe for regular mis-taps...

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The point of the Frequently Requested Features list (which is what the voting system is based on) is that it the requests must be, well, frequently repeated, or asked for by multiple users.

That's not to say that other requests in the regular forums will be ignored, but it would be impossible to manage any sort of list if it contained every single topic in this forum (there are probably thousands of them by now).

I don't think your suggestion is a bad one, but as you say the necessary scrolling nature of the content could make it difficult to use (and if you stop the scrolling, a long artist name would hide the album name completely).

There is a popular existing request for making the content of two lines user-customisable, so perhaps including a tap option within that new feature might do what you want? But it also might be a recipe for regular mis-taps...

Andre

Yes the tap feature on that particular thing say artist name or album will open all the artist songs & albums respectively. This can be modified to include other things also according to the formatting which you desire which will have the impact corresponding to that field; say if composer name is added that then tapping on composer field will open all songs of the composer which would otherwise take few more taps to open.

But my main concern is only about artist name & album.

About the text being long for scrolling, first of all for 90% of the songs the album artist-album name fits into the given area and for the remaining 10% you may allow it to scroll (or not), but this scrolling is continous and in most cases the aritst name will still be visible (though incomplete) for us to be able to tap on it.

About mis-taps, I think the album name, artist name in most cases cover sufficient are to neglect and mis-tap; and the text on which we have to tap on in not that large to gather mis-taps.

For more clarity about how this work, you can see oto music player or retro music player; they have the feature of tapping on the artist name to show all songs by the singer. I don't include multiple artist tap support on that and also no album tap support.

Or Youtube music has mutiple artist tap support

• 1 month later...

This is also helpful for choosing what artist's songs you want to open. As of now (or in my limited knowledge) it automatically opens then 1st artist when we tap on "Artist" option of the song and there's no option to open songs of second/third artist.