Господь, верни вторую версию Poweramp

Всё, что я хотел сказать, что третья версия отвратительно уродливая и неудобная, в то время как вторая была эталоном лаконичности, но все хорошее заканчивается, и теперь она перестала работать на 14 андроиде, будь проклят гугл. Сложно передать глубину моей печали.

Sooner or later some change from Google will end up breaking legacy apps. Even their own Play Store no longer works on Android 2.x devices.

I guess it's now like trying to install your trusty old 8-Track or cassette tape player into the dashboard of a Tesla - and yes, I am that old! :)

If it helps, I too wasn't sure about some of the interface changes when Poweramp was migrating towards Material Design compatibility back in 2018. But Max took on board a lot of the user comments at the time, and now I'm very happy with the way it operates. There's almost nothing in the old v2 interface that you can't do just as easily in v3 - and v3 has had so many extra features added over the past few years: high-res audio, parametric EQ, lyric support, split/multiple artist tags, better album grouping support, and so much more. Once you get used to it, v3 is really very elegant and usable.

Andre

@andrewilley так и есть. Вчера я провел весь вечер, настраивая плеер под свои предпочтения, и было бы здорово иметь один переключатель "сделать интерфейс как в v2".

@maxmp и за все эти 10 лет у меня не было ни одной претензии к её работе, просто установил и пользовался. А третья версия, перегруженная функциями и настройками, увы, потеряла ту легкость. Вы скажете "всё субъективно", может и так, попытаюсь привыкнуть.

@andrewilley попробую сформулировать:

1. после того как я запускаю трек, и затем нажимаю "назад", я ожидаю, что вернусь к альбому, а не сверну приложение.

2. кнопка-гамбургер, которая наиболее близка к большому пальцу руки, всего лишь открывает список "Настройки, Изменения, Помощь" - редко используемые функции. Я же каждый раз нажимаю на неё в расчете открыть прослушиваемый альбом, т.к. тянуться до обложки неудобно.

3. после того, как я открыл прослушиваемый альбом, хочется нажать кнопку "назад" и вернуться в проигрыватель, а мне открывается иерархия папок.

Вообще, на мой взгляд, интерфейс Spotify вполне интуитивен. Там кнопка-гамбургер в проигрывателе открывает очередь воспроизведения. К тому же вся история моих переходов сохраняется, и при нажатии "назад" меня возвращает на предыдущий шаг, а не сворачивает плеер.

@Iamman As with most apps, when you are on the first page, pressing 'Back' acts just like pressing 'Home', in that it returns you to your Android launcher.  This has been normal behaviour for most Android apps for many years.

From the Poweramp Player Screen, to see the currently-playing category view (i.e. the current song list), tap on the cover artwork instead.

Yes, the app-level Menu icon (hamburger, lower-right) offers such things as Help, Settings, etc. That is its function.

The Library icon (lower-left) can be reconfigured to take you to either the top-level Library Categories view, or to any specific Category of your choice - such as Folders Hierarchy if you wish. From the top-level Library view, tap the three-dots (context menu) icon and choose 'List Options', then long-press on whichever Category you would like to see opened by default. 

Andre