Issue with Fade Play/Pause/Stop

Lee_

The Fade Play/Pause/Stop feature is really nice to stop a song gradually rather than having to immediately stop the music and it does well here but my only problem is that all those 3 settings are connected to each other. If I change the song the fade effect will kick in at the start of the song too and I'll miss whatever sounds at the start of the audio file as it fades into that song. Is it possible to either separate the options from each other so that the fade out only affects the song when it's paused or stopped? Would be nice to have these 3 options as checkmarks instead so people can either use all 3 or just the ones they need instead of having them all on and tied to 1 setting.

There are already four separate sets of controls, along with four separate fade-length adjusters, covering Automatic Track Change Crossfade, Manual Short Crossfade, Manual Play/Pause/Skip, and Manual Seek. See Settings=>Audio=>Crossfade/Fade/Gapless. Could you elaborate on what you are trying to do that isn't covered by these choises? 

Andre

When I pause a song or stop it, the fade out kicks in exactly like how I want it but if there isn't a song playing and it remains on paused and I play another song, fade out effect will also kick at the start of the next song. I just want a fade out effect at the end of the song only when I stop it or pause it rather than have it when I do any of these actions, especially when I play another song. This is annoying because if the song starts immediately it will fade into the song and I'll miss hearing the first few milliseconds of that song.

I had some requests before too but I found some workarounds and even for this problem I can fix it if I pause the song, play a silence audio clip and then play another song but it's annoying to keep doing that every time I want to switch to another song without wanting the song to start from low volume to high volume. For some reason the fade in effect is only active if there is no song playing, if I choose another song while a song is playing it acts normally. I've been using Poweramp for about 10 years as my go-to app for music and I hope this gets fixed one day.

This all ties in with a long-standing Feature Request for more smart "radio" style crossfades, where the switching point is defined by when the first song reaches a low dB threshold and the incoming song reaches a high dB threshold - so a slow fade out and a slow fade in would just overlap gently with each other, whereas a song that ends abruptly would butt up with minimal overlap/fading against one that starts suddenly.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:05 AM, andrewilley said:
  • Segue / "Radio" Crossfade option (to prevent crossfades occurring which fade across abrupt endings or hard-starts of songs). Also increase available length for crossfades.

Andre

Instead of using that option I used the crossfade Instead but I still have to do extra work by letting it go into crossfade by playing an audio file with a silence and then stopping the the song and playing anything after that will start at full volume.

Poweramp has been my favorite for years now and there were things here and there that I needed to do to make sure it does these things. Another example is being able to use songs with pre-configured A and B loop points. This was really needed for me because I love video game soundtrack and most games had that. I found a workaround for that too but it would be nice if those features were already there without me having to use scripts to do these things.