Make the App wait its turn

Carl1900

So far I like it.  It has far more features than I'll ever use which means sometimes its hard to find what I'm looking for on the app.  For example:

Poweramp is pushy. As soon as my phone connects to a speaker it starts playing.  I may want to listen to a book or a podcast.  I can have them queued and Poweramp not running but still I will have to turn off the suddenly on Poweramp.  Is there someway to stop this? I do not want an autoplay.  Thanks.

Poweramp can be set to resume playback on connection of Bluetooth or wired headsets as required. This can be disabled in Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth.

Note: It is also possible that the Bluetooth device itself is sending its own Play command, and if it does then Poweramp will respond to that command. You can check that in Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands.

Andre

Facing the same issues. Have tried turning all that off and same result. I wish there were settings to choose to just act like any other audio app on resume, etc. I appreciate the output controls, but it seems playback is more complex than it needs to be. 

@eldal Poweramp will not resume playback unless (a) you have chosen that option within the Poweramp Settings pages, or (b) the remote device sends a Play/Pause command after connecting.

Do you have any other apps (e.g. the stand-alone Poweamp Equalizer app) which also have the facility to resume playback on reconnection? If so, make sure it's disabled in those Settings too.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@eldal Poweramp will not resume playback unless (a) you have chosen that option within the Poweramp Settings pages, or (b) the remote device sends a Play/Pause command after connecting.

Do you have any other apps (e.g. the stand-alone Poweamp Equalizer app) which also have the facility to resume playback on reconnection? If so, make sure it's disabled in those Settings too.

Andre

At the moment it seems to be behaving after disabling the default keep notification setting. Not sure why. 

But basically what happens is I open an audio book.  Pause it with my headset while looking at the audio book app still active in front of me.  Then press play on my headset again and it was starting PA where I left off from the background. Never had an audio app do that before. 

Also these three settings in the screenshot don't make sense to me. Do they all three belong together? Does the toggle turn the other two off? If so, why don't they gray out? 

If I'm misunderstanding I still don't understand what those options mean. Single press does what? I can choose one of the three options in each but it's not clear what I'm choosing to do with the options. 

Thanks for the quick support

Screenshot_20230921-153105.png

15 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@eldal The double/triple press refers to single-button headset designs, where one tap is play/pause, and PA can respond to double/triple and long-press too. I've never used the long-press feature (I use a three-button wired headset anyway).

Andre

Whats the top toggle for? 

Just now, andrewilley said:

Not doing the second two options. :) So only single presses are recognised. It's an old option though, I've not tried it for many years.

Andre

OK. It's weird that it has no explanation and that it doesn't gray out the next two options when toggled off. 

• 3 weeks later...

You would hope it was that simple.  OTOH how is it resuming playback if I've just restarted the phone, started a podcast, not started Poweramp and now I'm listening to Music from Poweramp instead of my podcast when I get in the car?  Why is the app even starting?