Using PA Equaliser with AirMusic

PhilP

Hi, not sure if this should be a bug report or a feature request, but I'd like to use the equaliser app with AirMusic so I can stream eq'd audio from any app to my receiver over WiFi.

For some reason AirMusic takes the audio from the app producing the audio rather than the output of PA Equaliser.  Is this a known issue or would this need to be a new feature?

Thanks!

As Poweramp Equalizer attaches to the player apps and "enhances" their audio session with the DSP, AirMusic should be able to use that, unless something in Android or AirMusic specifically disables DSPs.

@PhilP what is your device/Android variant and AirMusic version? I wasn't able to make this app work on my devices, but I haven't tried all of them.

I was finally able to run AirMusic on my devices (it doesn't work well with Chromecast receivers, but works fine with DNLA/Apple). As it seems, Android duplicates audio for AirMusic before DSP (before Equalizer). Equalizer still runs, but that audio is muted and AirMusic opens additional audio output. If AirMusic advertises its AudioSession as audio players do, Equalizer may handle that output as well. 

Alternatively it's possible to handle it via Advanced Player Tracking, I guess, if there will be user requests for this.

Thanks!