Disable Favorites Timestamp

TallGymBro

Hey everyone, enjoying a lot Poweramp so far however there's something quite annoying : when i'm "liking" one of my songs/putting it in the "Favorites" collection, it remembers the time I liked it and when I play it from my "Favorites" it starts right where it remembers I made it a Favorite. Anyone knows how to make Favs songs just play from the start and not in the middle of a song ? Wish y'all a great day, hope some of you might know how to deal with it !

Ok, I'm puzzled, there is no 'Favourites' option in Poweramp. There is Top Rated, which will show your 3/4/5-star rated (or 'Thumbs Up') tracks.

There is also an option to Bookmark the current position within a track, for returning to the same place later - is that perhaps what you are referring to? If so, then that's how it's meant to work by design.

image.png

Andre

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Ok, I'm puzzled, there is no 'Favourites' option in Poweramp. There is Top Rated, which will show your 3/4/5-star rated (or 'Thumbs Up') tracks.

There is also an option to Bookmark the current position within a track, for returning to the same place later - is that perhaps what you are referring to? If so, then that's how it's meant to work by design.

image.png

Andre

I have the app in French thats why you were so confused. I double checked and you're obviously right, my "Favs" section stands for the Bookmarks one. Now with that being said i know this collection is supposed and litteraly meant to be a bookmark section with songs registered with a timestamp. However because of the use of the app in my native language I mistook Bookmarks for a fav song collection and I would like to know if there's an option for "real favorite songs" if you see what I mean. I also disabled the stars and thumbs up buttons because I didn't really like their look. So is the Thumbs Up option the go to for what I'm looking for ? Thank you so much for your time and concern, much appreciated :)

If you want to flag favourite songs, the Ratings system would be more useful than Bookmarks (which are for remembering the position within a song).

For your purposes, the Thumbs Up feature would probably be best, as you don't seem to want to grade your songs (such as 1 to 5 stars) but merely note which ones are favourites. If you enable the 'Thumbs' option in PA Settings=>Look and Feel=>Player UI, you can then just tap on the Thumb Up icon to mark a current song as a favourite. Then you'd use the 'Top Rated' Library Category to view all the songs that you've marked in that way.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

@andrewilley

On 7/15/2023 at 7:55 PM, andrewilley said:

image.png

Andre

Hi Andrew,

For the life me I’ve searched & searched and I can’t find a bookmark option. This means I can’t ever begin where I left off in a track and have to start at the beginning.

I can’t find the menu option you posted above, could you help?

Cheers.