Using Equalizer alongside Poweramp Music Player

@maxmp  the only reason i am not buying Poweramp Equalizer is i have to keep 2 different apps and Equalizer is universal so if i accidentally turn both on both might process audio on their end , i dont know if it will now ... But it happen last time i was on trial of P.Equalizer ,  isn't thier any way you can combine both Poweramp & Equalizer, instead of keeping 2 different apps , ... I know those 2 are 2 different sources of money for you , but if you make 1 app the exciting user of Poweramp can pay for Equalizer and get combine app same for exciting Equalizer user.

And new user will pay combine money for single app that work like player + Equalizer

If you can do this it will be great 👍 please give it a thought.

4 hours ago, Mukul Kalsait said:

the only reason i am not buying Poweramp Equalizer is i have to keep 2 different apps and Equalizer is universal so if i accidentally turn both on both might process audio on their end

It you plan to use the Equalizer app universally on your device, I would suggest turning the EQ panel off within the main Poweramp app so you only have one set of controls to worry about. Also, you should only use DVC in one app or the other. You can import your current PA settings over into the Equalizer if you wish.

But they are separate products, and there is no need to purchase the Poweramp Music Player if you prefer to use a different media player app and only want the Equalization feature. Conversely, if you only plan to listen to your music via the Poweramp Music Player, I would suggest using its built-in Equalizer. 

Andre

• 4 months later...

So.. Let's see if I understand this correctly. I'm Swedish so... 🤔

If or when I use the Poweramp player (with its built-in EQ) that I do almost daily should I then disable the "stand-alone" PA Equalizer by pressing the Equ-button, as pointed to in the image?? And only use this Equalizer when I'm listening to let's say Spotify or YouTube Music?

But, doing that, doesn't gray out the Preamp setting. So should I also set this to zero (when using the PA Player that is)?

20231006_115350.jpg

So.. When I have it like this (see image) in the player app it will never (!) process the audio in the stand-alone EQ app as well?? (That's what I hope or am looking for.)

I've used the player for a couple of years but I'm new to the EQ app (for now only trying it out in the trial version), so that's what makes me quite insecure. The player is amazing and now I want the same or similar exquisite audio in, for example, Spotify and/or YT Music but not interfering with the Poweramp Player.

Screenshot_20231006_125305_Poweramp.jpg

Thanx alot, Andre. 

It really wasn't very obvious, at least not that setting in the player. But doing both (in the player and in the stand-alone equalizer) should work fine for me. 🙂

Now I feel "secure" enough ☺️ to work and experiment with the equalizer for other sound services.

- best regards, Seth

Either option will work, you shouldn't need both.

The EQ app won't process the audio of any other app that is not ticked in its. Known Players list. Also, the PA Music Player app won't advertise it's audio stream as being available for modification without the MusicFX mode activated.

Andre