Issues with Special Characters in LRC File Name

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hi developers,

I have tens of songs which contain special characters like ":" and "/" in the artist and album name. And I met problem when adding lyrics for them. I use OpenLyrics or ESLyric for foobar2000 to generate lrc files on my PC and copy them to my Android device. The plugin would use "_" to replace those special characters. 

Here's an example:

Artist - Title : 環いろは(CV:麻倉もも) - 余白のほんね

LRC file : 環いろは(CV_麻倉もも) - 余白のほんね.lrc

They just won't match on Poweramp.

So is there better ways to match the lrc file? Editing the tags manually will waste a lot of time.

King Regards

• Solution

To match a lyrics file with its associated song, just the base part of the two filenames must be the same. There is no need for the name to be anything to do with the song title or artist though, the files could just as easily be named "song1234.mp3" and "song1234.lrc" and they would still match.

Tag data can be validated against the [ti:xxxxx] and [ar:xxxxx] lines inside the LRC file, but that is completely optional and you can simply delete those lines from the LRC if they don't work with your audio file tags.

Andre

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

To match a lyrics file with its associated song, just the base part of the two filenames must be the same. There is no need for the name to be anything to do with the song title or artist though, the files could just as easily be named "song1234.mp3" and "song1234.lrc" and they would still match.

Tag data can be validated against the [ti:xxxxx] and [ar:xxxxx] lines inside the LRC file, but that is completely optional and you can simply delete those lines from the LRC if they don't work with your audio file tags.

Andre

That works, thank you!