Android 13 close button "X" in notification

Hello

I used to have close button "X" in notification area (in Android 12). Now it's gone and don't know where to find it. If there's no close button then I can't close Poweramp and notification stays in quick settings.

Any fix?

Screenshots:

Screenshot_20230503-205048_Poweramp~2.png

Screenshot_20230503-171441_Spark Launcher.png

@ScaVen Q this is media controller now, not the notification and design, type and the location of control buttons is defined by the firmware (except those 2 custom buttons we use for shuffle/repeat). The controller can be removed by swiping it away.

Btw, stock Android shows X there for Poweramp, so did you use some option/tweak to enable target sdk=33 behavior?

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

The controller can be removed by swiping it away.

Not if "always keep notification" is on. And I want it enabled because when I'm on lock screen and pause music then notification disappears.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Btw, stock Android shows X there for Poweramp, so did you use some option/tweak to enable target sdk=33 behavior?

No, i don't think so

All I need is X button, it works fine in AIMP

@ScaVen Q Poweramp shows X button in the media area in notification shade (Android 5-14, Poweramp builds 95x). Android keeps last played player media control in shade with Poweramp option "Keep Media Resume Notification". You still can remove it when player is paused with a swipe.

From you screenshot your media area is customized in an unusual way (similar how Pixel Android 13+ behaves with the Android SDK=33 apps). Unfortunately I don't have such firmwares, and even if I did, it makes little sense to workaround those, as you probably have some setting tweaking this anyway, or if it's a bug, it should be fixed (and may be already fixed) by the active firmware devs.

Slightly off topic here, but it would be helpful to be able to swipe away regular notification shades in earlier Androids too (e.g. 11). That would be helpful when there is no 'X' button in the first pulldown level.

Andre

Custom ROMs often apply their own designs to OS elements - in fact, that's rather the point of them. That is not really something that could be addressed by Poweramp unless the problem is also present in stock ROMs though. 

Andre

@andrewilley Poweramp just doesn't display notification in unloaded state at all (the one you can swipe away). You can't swipe the active ("foreground") player notification on older Androids. Some players may post another swipeable notification when they are unloaded, Poweramp doesn't do that. 

On recent Androids (with media player area in notification shade, including Samsung Android 11/OneUI 3.x), paused state notification can be usually swiped away.

30 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley Poweramp just doesn't display notification in unloaded state at all (the one you can swipe away).

Ah, that makes sense. So a 'currently playing' session cannot be swiped away from the notification area, whereas a recently paused status can.

So if 'X' is not available in the current notification's buttons, you could simply tap the Pause button and then swipe it away.

Andre