Poweramp Player Volume Issue

Yong TK

Hi guys,

Even i saved my EQ and Volume Settings (i adjusted the volume to 80%)  in the player.

Every time i start my car, open Poweramp Player, the Poweramp volume will goes back to 100%. But the EQ setting saved per my adjustment no issue.

I have tried resave it few times, it always return to 100% when i switch off my car.

Any idea why and what would be the solution?

2023-04-20_8-54-55.jpg

I assume that by "starting your car" you mean that your phone connects to your car's headunit by Bluetooth, and that the BT connection sets itself to 100% volume? Do you have DVC enabled in Poweramp, and if so have you disabled Absolute Volume Control for BT in your Android Developer Options?

Andre 

On 4/20/2023 at 8:20 PM, andrewilley said:

I assume that by "starting your car" you mean that your phone connects to your car's headunit by Bluetooth, and that the BT connection sets itself to 100% volume? Do you have DVC enabled in Poweramp, and if so have you disabled Absolute Volume Control for BT in your Android Developer Options?

Andre 

Hi Andre,

I mean when i am inside Poweramp, if i lower down the volume knob to says 38% (2nd tab inside Poweramp). Later, after i shut down my Poweramp and car, the next time i start my car, switch on my head unit, open Poweramp, that particular volume knob will resume back to 100% (not my last set at 80%). It is weird, this make me very difficult to tune my Poweramp. 

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Yong TK And what about the DVC and Absolute Volume settings I asked you to check?

Andre

Hi Andre,

My DVC is set "ON". 

Actually what is this DVC means for? I read all articles and I still do not really understand.

I have both Poweramp in my Android Phone & Android Car Head Unit. In my car head unit, the media master output volume always back to 100% when startup, all volume control using steering wheel button and screen. It seems like my OS master volume is set at 100%, even if i change to 80%, it will go back to 100% if i restart my car and head unit. In contrast, my android phone master volume will remember my last set volume. This is why it confused me.

Possible the OS factory setting in that way?

So to clarify, using your phone via Bluetooth to the car speakers is fine; the last volume output is remembered by the phone, and also by your headunit. In such situations, with Absolute Volume Control for BT disabled in the phone's Android Dev options (see the FAQ I referred to above) you should ideally set the phone's BT output level to 100% and make any volume adjustments using the car's controls on either the headunit or steering wheel.

If however you are using the Poweramp app directly on an Android-based car headunit (where both Poweramp and your music collection are installed on the headunit's attached storage) then the startup volume would probably be defined by the headunit. Have you checked its settings? Poweramp would not override the device's defined volume setting.

Andre